What is transforming customer experience?
Transforming customer experience is the process of fundamentally altering the impressions businesses make on their customers so that their customers have a higher opinion of the brand. Transforming customer experience typically requires organizations to optimize processes and technology, and align employees and the organization on customer experience strategies and goals.
Gartner determined that most businesses currently compete on the basis of customer experience, making it critical that every impression a customer receives of the brand - from Facebook ads to storefront window displays - is of a consistently high quality. Businesses that are successful at transforming customer experience can realize the following benefits:
- Increased customer loyalty
- Increased customer retention
- Higher revenue
- Higher customer satisfaction
- Increased customer lifetime value
How contact centers can contribute to transforming customer experience
Customer service is a touchpoint that can make a high impact impression on a customer. Finding resolutions to billing issues, website glitches, or product defects can be the most important interaction a customer has with a company. This means contact centers need to do their part in transforming customer experience. Here are some ways to do that.
- Staff customer service with competent and empathetic agents. Consumers don't just want fast and accurate agents - they also want to interact with people who have good soft skills. A robotic conversation with a live agent can leave customers feeling cold and empty rather than warm and fuzzy.
- Offer effective self-service. Since most resolution journeys begin with a DIY attempt, contact centers need to make it easy for customers to help themselves. Smart self-help solutions like conversational IVRs and AI-powered virtual agents can enhance the customer experience while also reducing costs.
- Provide omnichannel experiences. Being able to move seamlessly across channels is a customer expectation and can also be a competitive differentiator. When transforming customer experience, offering omnichannel experiences should be at the top of every contact center’s project list.
- Use modern technology. Trying to transform customer experience is nearly impossible without also transforming contact center technology. Archaic, legacy systems are a barrier to meaningful change.
How NICE can help when you’re transforming customer experience
NICE is the market leader in providing customers the cloud contact center software they need to deliver consistently exceptional customer experiences. Capabilities include the following (and more):
- Modern ACD providing digital first omnichannel routing and increased business agility
- Integrated and comprehensive workforce management solutions to engage and empower contact center agents to achieve business goals
- Automation and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to enhance the customer experience and automate routine agent tasks
- Omnichannel customer journey orchestration to enable customers to move seamlessly across channels
CXone provides an intelligent, unified suite of applications covering the breadth of contact center management disciplines, simplifying administration and streamlining the user experience.