Paramus, New Jersey – June 23, 2016 – Emergency communications centers worldwide are being inundated by change. New citizen communication channels and NG9-1-1 are transforming the role of Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) and the way they interact with first responders and the public. As the pace of change accelerates, PSAPs will need to manage more types and larger volumes of multimedia information, and adapt to these changes that impact operations and evidence management. To help address this need, NICE is announcing the launch of a new Public Safety User Group (PUBNUG) where NICE public safety customers will be able to connect with people, knowledge and resources to address these challenges head on.
“NG9-1-1 is fundamentally altering the public safety landscape, and in this disruptive, dynamic environment it’s more important than ever that PSAP leaders have a forum to share information, ideas and best practices, and learn from each other’s experiences and innovations,” said John Rennie, General Manager, Public Safety at NICE. “We created PUBNUG to bridge this gap for our thousands of public safety customers worldwide.”
Through PUBNUG, NICE customers will have exclusive access to an interactive web portal featuring:
- Discussion forums where they can find answers to questions and share best practices and use cases with their public safety peers;
- An ‘ideas tab’ where they can introduce, vote on and track suggested enhancements to NICE solutions;
- A community resources area where they can upload and share materials such as operating procedures, policies, QA forms, etc.;
- A jobs board where they can share open positions and review posted job opportunities;
- A searchable PUBNUG member database where they find and collaborate with other public safety professionals;
- Information on local chapters that they can lead, host or join;
- Events and educational webinars to help them learn more about how to prepare for changes on the horizon, and how to get the maximum benefit from their NICE solutions.
PUBNUG membership is free and open to any user of NICE public safety solutions. For more information please email PSInfo@nice.com.
PUBNUG is part of the NICE User Group (NUG), a global knowledge community for NICE customers. The group has over 9,000 members from more than 1000 companies, representing every region of the world. NUG helps members optimize the value of NICE solutions in their organizations through the sharing of best practices.
NICE is the worldwide leading provider of enterprise software solutions that empower organizations to make smarter decisions based on advanced analytics of structured and unstructured data. NICE solutions help the world’s largest organizations deliver better customer service, ensure compliance, combat fraud, and safeguard citizens. Over 25,000 organizations in more than 150 countries, including over 80 of the Fortune 100 companies, are using NICE solutions. www.nice.com.
Corporate Media Contact
Erik Snider, +1 877 245 7448, firstname.lastname@example.org
Trademark Note: NICE and the NICE logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of NICE. All other marks are trademarks of their respective owners. For a full list of NICE’s marks, please see: www.nice.com/nice-trademarks.