This week’s Re-Inventing Digital Marketing - CMO Perspectives roundup looks at the increasing effects of digital on marketing, from EcontentMag.com; the right content for customer retention, from The CMO Club; MarTechadvisor.com looking at effective data management for marketers; and more… Enjoy!
How AI is Impacting Content Marketing [EContentMag.com]
By Lin Pophal
Did you know that 20th Century Fox used IBM Watson to create a trailer for Morgan? This is but one example of how content marketers are using artificial intelligence to compose copy. Lin Pophal details several ways AI is shaping content marketing these days.
- “While there are plenty of dire-sounding discussions taking place these days around artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning...this isn’t technology of the future.” MORE
Do You Know What's Really Breaking Up Your Customer Relationships? [future.thecmoclub]
by Kathy Menis
Companies focus far more energy on gaining new customers instead of engaging in something more cost-effective: retaining existing customers. Find out some main reasons retention fails, and what to do about it and check out our
customer journey solutions
for the best technology to help you retain your customer.
- “Too many marketers are focused solely on courting new customers instead of honing a better, more intimate understanding of the customers they already have....Want to think less like a marketer and more like your customers? Put yourself in their shoes.”
The Way to a Customer’s Heart is Through Visual Content [business2community]
by Lois Sapare
How can marketers circumvent the online-content overload in order to gain more attention from their target markets? Read about visual-content options as solutions.
- The challenge of marketing online is tougher than ever as the online space is becoming more and more crowded. It is essential for businesses to keep finding ways to stand out from the competition and avoid drowning in the vast pool of online content.
Is Marketing Dead, Or Starting A New Golden Age? [forbes.com]
By Roger Dooley
During the past few years, marketing in general, and CMOs in particular, have come under fire for relevancy and success matrixes. This article explains how marketing is still an important facet for businesses.
By Billie Howard
This interview with digital trailblazer
discusses aligning marketing strategies with today’s digitally-driven, day-to-day business practices.
- We are...catalyzed by the digital transformation…[we require] ways that embrace an emphasis on both brand and performance. No longer is an either-or option viable.
How Marketers Can Address Data Challenges that Ruin Marketing Performance [Martechadvisor]
By David Dunne
Data-driven marketing is now the thing. But wading through all that data can be overwhelming and ineffective. Velocidi’s CEO and Founder David Dunne weighs in on how to efficiently use the data for your marketing purposes.
- “Marketing data…[is] growing at an exponential rate, making it increasingly difficult for marketers to extract timely, actionable insights that drive sales. More than 30 percent of marketers attribute wasted time on data to ‘too many data sources.’ …[We] identified three things marketers can do to achieve better performance with their data.”
We hope you’ve benefited from the expert advice in these articles. Stay tuned for next week’s “CX Buzz” roundup blog.