Nexidia, A NICE Analytics Company is seeking a VMware Administrator to help support our rapidly growing customer base. A large part of this role involves being the primary VMware administrator to support our POC (Proof of Concept) VMware Infrastructure which is critical to the success of the company.
In addition, this position will be responsible for assisting in the deployment, maintenance and documentation of the entire production VMware Infrastructure including Horizon View (VDI). You will also be deploying production virtual machines for Windows Server operating systems on an as needed basis. We want someone who has a thirst for technology and has a desire to learn and grow, both individually, with the team, and the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience installing, monitoring and troubleshooting VMware, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Experience installing, testing, and troubleshooting Storage devices
- Experience building and managing vCenter Server and ESXi hosts, preferably in VMware 5.x and 6.x
- Applying technical knowledge of networks, operating systems, utilities, etc. to the VMware environment
- Troubleshooting system performance within the VMware environment
- Analytical skills/understanding complex data
- Problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, in order to discuss/document technical information
- Organized and detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Ability to multitask and handle urgent interruptions with poise and professionalism
- Flexible availability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 plus years VMware vCenter Server experience
- Minimum 3-4 plus years MS Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2 experience
- B.S. or M.S. degree in IT related field; equivalent work experience will be considered
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- VMware Horizon View (EUC/VDI)
- Experience managing virtual machine backups with Veeam Backup and Replication
- Highly skilled in Server Hardware including Dell, HP, etc.
- Linux OS experience
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft IIS
- RSA SecurID two-factor authentication configuration
- SFTP Server
- Scripting: Microsoft Powershell, vSphere PowerCLI, or comparable scripting experience
- Experience with EMC SAN storage, provisioning storage groups and LUN provisioning is a plus using Fibre Channel protocol
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) and Cisco Certified Network associate (CCNA) certifications are a plus.