ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under minimal supervision, perform system testing and validation as part of operational maintenance activities. Own system validation completion after installation/hotfix/update/upgrade activities and during data center maintenance windows.
- Performs and documents root-cause analysis as needed to resolve or escalate software and deployment issues.
- Communicate with customers directly via telephone and e-mail in a professional and diligent manner. Ensure customers are satisfied prior to closing support issues.
- Coordinate with team members to manage and contribute to daily team workload.
- Serve as Tier 1/Tier 2 troubleshooter and escalation point for Nexidia’s OnDemand Managed Service deployments, particularly immediately post-maintenance.
- Work with QA, Professional Services, IT, and Deployment Services to gather and document technical information needed to resolve or escalate product issues.
- Contribute to process and troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Help foster innovation in tools and processes to make the team more effective and efficient.
- Adhere to defined technical support process and offer improvements as necessary.
- Understands and adheres to Nexidia compliance standards as they appear in the Employee handbook, Corporate Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- SQL Server (DBA activities, experience with SQL queries, functions, and stored procedures)
- Windows server (IIS, Windows security, optimization, and troubleshooting)
- Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VPN routing, QoS)
- Security and encryption fundamentals (SSL/TLS, SSH, PGP)
- Ability to read and understand program source code.
- Web technologies (ASP.NET, XML, XSLT)
- Meticulous about documentation and record-keeping
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, reading and writing skills)
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Work successfully in a strong team environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics; equivalent work experience considered
- 4+ years of experience supporting enterprise software applications and system integrations