Responsibilities /Essential Duties
- Responsible for applications and middleware sustainment maintenance and delivery work (e.g. new application releases, updates, hotfixes, tuning)
- Installs, configures and supports Web and Application servers on Linux and Windows.
- Responsible for performance monitoring, analysis, capacity planning & scalability
- Escalation subject matter expert for advanced Cloud hosted application solution break-fix conditions (e.g. feature /functionality, java components, memory issues, 3rd party vendor solution and middleware)
- Provides root cause analysis of Cloud solution problem conditions and/or customer production outages.
- Responsible for writing or editing reports for customer use
- Responsible for updated product via SQL commands to customer requirements
- Responsible for developing Cloud Hosting applications security safeguarding recommendations, assists with compliance audits.
- Identifies weak points and vulnerabilities within the overall Cloud Hosted infrastructure and provides recommendations for improvements /mitigations
- Performs product performance testing and tuning of complex and high-traffic systems
- Instruments systems to provide the best possible operational monitoring metrics
- Leverages and helps drive automation tools roadmap to increase availability, performance and reduce support demands.
- Performs application vulnerabilities assessments and resolves security issues from 3rd party audits, internal assessments and other sources.
- Support optimization of the supported infrastructure and products through x-departmental diagnoses /collaborative efforts
- Assists in developing and managing a proactive /preventative maintenance activities, with supporting validation SOP’s and associated “health checks”.
- Able and willing to provide on-call off hour support and work during non-prime shift hours.
Education and Experience
- Experience: 5-8 years supporting Cloud (Amazon Web Services/RackSpace/ SoftLayer/ VirtueStream/OpenStack or similar) Hosted solutions
- Education Level: B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech/M.Sc in Computer Science/IT preferred (or any engineering field considered) or MCA.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Expertise developing SQL and/or PL/SQL scripts in Oracle and/or MS SQL and/or PostgreSQL/MySQL.
- Experience managing Java, J2EE (Web Services, SOAP, JMS, Hibernate/Spring, JDBC, JSON, JSP/Servlets, Struts, and EJB/Persistence), .Net framework and CLR.
- Experience with JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, Mule, ActiveMQ, LifeRay, and IIS(or Similar Web or AppServers such as IBM WebSphere Application Server/Oracle WebLogic Server/IBM HTTP Server/Oracle Webserver)
- Redhat certification would be Plus
- Configuring and debugging the services like Apache, Tomcat6, MySQL etc.
- Good in technical writing on Documentation pages
- Strong Linux & Windows OS experience & troubleshooting skills and at least one scripting language expertize(Ksh/Bash/Perl/Python/Ruby/Awk/Windows Scripting)
- Experienced with commercial monitoring tools such as AppDynamics/Nagios/ NewRelic/ SumoLogic/Splunk( or equivalent tools DynaTrace/AviCode/CA WILY etc.,)
- Experienced with BIGIP/F5 (or similar load balancers), Virtualization & Clustering practices.
- Strong Java EE experience – application deployment and troubleshooting multi-tiered architecture (web, application, database)
- Experience with open source databases
- Experience with network protocols; TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS
- Experience using network performance tools (e.g. MRTG/Cacti/Zabbix)
- Experience with application debugging, performance, scalability & capacity planning expertise
- Familiarity with standard application security compliance best practices
- Thorough understanding of architectural elements required to support large installations such as clustering and load balancing
- Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
- Ability to work well both independently and with other team members as well as developers
- Ability to multi-task as required and provide rapid support in production
NICE Systems (NASDAQ: NICE), is the worldwide leader of intent-based solutions that capture and analyze interactions and transactions, realize intent, and extract and leverage insights to deliver impact in real time.
Driven by cross-channel and multi-sensor analytics, NICE solutions enable organizations to improve business performance, increase operational efficiency, prevent financial crime, ensure compliance, and enhance safety and security.
NICE serves over 25,000 organizations in the enterprise and security sectors, representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 150 countries, and including