Location: Columbus Ohio
This position manages, deploys and maintains all aspects of the R&D Columbus Office development and QA lab environment. This environment consists of various PBX & VOIP hardware deployments as well as Hyper-V and Vmware virtual testing systems leveraging Windows and Linux environments. One of the primary responsibilities of the Systems Engineer is the setup, configuration, and administration of various PBX / VOIP / ACD environments in support of call recording and performance management engineering integration efforts. The candidate will also be responsible for using different virtualization and cloud environments to support engineering efforts towards meeting release schedules.As a Systems Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Manage and deploy PBX / VOIP / ACD phone systems from various vendors (both Linux and Windows platforms).
- Manage R&D Columbus LAB environments and all related components.
- Manage and deploy Windows Domain and Active Directory environment.
- Maintain operating system software - Installing, patching, upgrading.
- Work to build and manage hardware and software automation environments.
- Monitor and optimize server and hardware environment.
- Create and maintain internal documentation of the environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- MCSA, CCNA/CCNP with related experience.
- 4+ years troubleshooting small and medium networks.
- 4+ years working with, managing and deploying Windows Server 2008 R2 and above.
- 4+ years managing small/medium Windows domains, Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS (w/ clustering).
- 4+ years managing and deploying clustered virtual environments. (Hyper-V a MUST, Vmware is a plus.)
- 4+ years configuring and installing server and network hardware.
- 4+ years Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian, Suse, RedHat, etc.)
- 3+ years Powershell scripting for automation and reporting.
- 2+ years SAN deployment and administration. (Dell Equallogic and Synology preferred.)
- 2+ years MSSQL Server Admin and Deployment.
- 2+ years System Center Suite (SCOM, SCVMM, etc.)
- 2+ years Windows Server Clustering.
- 2+ years Microsoft WSUS and patch tools.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
- Experience successfully working under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new and unfamiliar technologies with minimal documentation or resources.
- Configuration and management of Cisco, Unify, Mitel, Avaya, Shoretel, Asterisk and various other PBX / VOIP / ACD systems (some combination of these is preferred).
- Configuration and management of Dell and HP Servers.
- Configuration and management of Dell, Brocade and Cisco networking.
- Configuration and management of Hyper-V AND (to a lesser extent) Vmware environments.
- Cloud experience with Azure and/or AWS.
- SAN Deployment and administration.
- Automation experience with either Puppet or Chef for quality testing.
- Automation and scripting knowledge of Powershell for Windows Server automation and reporting.
- Deep dive troubleshooting of hardware and software issues in a development environment.
- Microsoft SQL Server (2012+)
- Physical Server, Network and VOIP deployment in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of layer 1, 2 and 3 networking.
- Ability to use resources and technology to independently diagnose and resolve environment issues.