Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Sr. Systems Engineer manages, deployes and maintains NICE inContact's Corporate systems, SANs and supporting environment. This position manages, deployes and maintains all aspects of the Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 environments, including Mail, DNS, FTP, IIS, Active Directory, SharePoint, Lync and other server applications. They are also responsible for the management, deployment and maintenance of all hardware in these environments. The Sr. Systems Engineer will also be responsible for managing, deploying and maintaining all hardware and software in the Corporate lab. One of the primary responsibilities of the Sr. Systems Engineer is the evaluation, testing and deployment of new software and hardware. They are also responsible for properly configuring and deploying appropriate monitoring solutions to help maintain uptime. This individual will clearly outline the level of risk associated with a deployment and work to mitigate risk prior to a production release. They will be responsible for consolidation using different virtualization platforms and ensuring data is protected and recoverable. They will work with the Systems Administration team in varying capacities to ensure an excellent working environment for NICE inContact employees. As a Sr. Systems Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Manage and deploy Windows Domain and Active Directory environment.
- Manage and deploy Exchange email servers, including anti-spam and gateway servers.
- Maintain Operating System software – installing, upgrading, patching.
- Set up and maintain server system and file security.
- Cable and rack servers and supporting equipment in co-location facilities (some travel will be required).
- Manage and deploy replication, imaging, and backups.
- Manage Corporate Labs – software, hardware, power and network.
- Monitor and optimize performance of servers.
- Maintain documentation of servers and networking equipment.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot problems and RMA parts as needed.
- Evaluate/recommend new products and services.
- Take part in on-call rotation for after hour support.
- Manage and deploy backup software and equipment.
- Manage and deploy virtual environments. (VMWare and Microsoft)
- Manage SharePoint environment.
- Manage and deploy Debian and Suse Linux installations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Required certifications: MCSE, VCAP-DCA
- Preferred certifications: MCSM, VCAP-DCD
- 6+ years troubleshooting small to medium networks
- 6+ years working in a Windows 2003, 2008 or 2008 R2 server environment
- 6+ years working with Windows XP or 7 in a Windows 2003, 2008 or 2008 R2 domain
- 6+ years managing and deploying Windows 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2 servers
- 6+ years managing and deploying Windows domains, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and IIS
- 6+ years installing/configuring server hardware and OS
- 4+ years working with and creating data and phone cables
- 4+ years managing and deploying virtual environments
- 4+ years managing and deploying SANs
- 4+ years managing and deploying blade servers
- 4+ years managing and deploying Exchange 2003, 2007 or 2010
- 4+ years managing and deploying monitoring solutions
- 3+ years managing Windows server backups using third party tools (Netbackup, BackupExec, Commvault, etc.
- 2+ years managing SharePoint
- Experience successfully working under time constraints and deadlines
- Experience working within a team of IT professionals; taking and following direction and completing tasks and assignments in a timely manner with a positive attitude
ABOUT NICE inContact:
- Configuration and management of HP/Compaq servers
- Configuration and Management HP SIM, BMC, Solarwinds or ipMonitor
- Management of Mware environments
- Microsoft SQL Server
- IIS administration and configuration
- TSharePoint administrationelecommunications experience – understanding of T1, DS3 circuits
- A/C power configuration and design
- Unify phone switch experience
- Knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 switching
NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.