Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH
The Sr. Software Engineer designs, develops, tests and maintains the NICE inContact software platform. Key responsibilities include all tiers of the NICE inContact technology, including (but not limited to) design and development of NICE inContact products and features, unit testing, code reviews, resolving defects encountered during the QA cycle, supporting the production environment, and assisting other developers in a team environment utilizing agile development processes. The Sr. Software Engineer will also mentor junior staff members and may be asked to propose cross disciplinary architectural solutions to difficult problems. Travel to other corporate sites may also be required.As a Sr. Software Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Code and test projects.
- Manage time effectively working on one or more concurrent projects.
- Create automation to ensure quality.
- Deliver high quality, sustainable, maintainable code.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Works with system analysts and product management for the successful completion of a project.
- Leads team or mentors other developers as needed.
- Provides critical technical capabilities to the team and evangelizes those skills to others.
- Functions as a Technical or Team Lead as needed.
- Follow established department procedures, policies, and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 6+ years experience in software development
- Well established technical problem-solving skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite (.NET Framework, Visual Studio) or other similar open source software stacks
- Experience with developing services, clients and multi-threaded software.
- Experience with web services
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills Working knowledge of unit testing
- Working knowledge of user stories or use cases
- Working knowledge of design patterns or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of object oriented software design.
- Team Player
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT NICE inContact:
- Experience developing with SQL Server or equivalent
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with automation/testing tools
- Experience with/knowledge of agile development processes
- Experience(s) as a technical or team lead or equivalent experience
- Experience with telecommunications/telephony
- Experience with call centers
- Experience working in a CI/CD Environment
- Experience with AWS technologies
NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.