Senior Software Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership to individual team members. The position will work with all IT Engineer’s to ensure proper system design and to develop high quality systems. A Sr. Software Engineer will plan and design system enhancements, updates, service packs, and hot fixes; with a drive towards quality, increased customer satisfaction and maintainability. This position is ultimately responsible for the successful implementation of technology for the automation, standardization, up-time, and strategic alignment to the back-office systems and customer facing support systems for inContact’s IT Department. The Sr. Software Engineer will consider high availability, serviceability, and supportability in mind with all system adoptions. The Sr. Software Engineer is expected to be able to champion and lead a variety of complex technical projects and initiatives that have an organization wide impact. The Sr. Software Engineer will work with Software Engineer’s to develop high quality software solutions to our telecommunication company. The Senior Software Engineer will drive technology change and enhancement by providing proof of concepts, while leveraging newer software technologies and tools as well as cloud based solutions.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Work with the IT Architect to develop software and system solutions for all corporate IT products.
- Ensure that the development coding quality standards and review processes are followed to ensure proper security and high availability standards.
- Work as a technical lead on various projects and assists in project planning.
- Manage time effectively working on one or more concurrent projects.
- Represents the teams in the sprint planning and morning scrum meetings.
- Monitoring the quality of code through reviews and other processes.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and software development skills towards corporate IT development team for optimal results.
- Foster strong team work environment and create passion and energy within the team.
- Ensure strong collaboration between other development departments in the company, Systems Administration, Product Management, and Quality Assurance.
- Demonstrate commitment to the highest customer, developer, and business partner satisfaction.
- Drive technical decisions, solve tough problems, and coordinate multiple project execution.
- Represents self and department with professionalism and competence.
- Work with Business Analysts to define business problems and design solutions
- Develop, support, maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance corporate back-office systems, customer supporting websites product integrations, CRM, billing, and financial software.
- Create and maintain technical documentation as needed.
- Create automation to ensure quality.
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Follow established department procedures, policies, and processes.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 6+ years experience in software development
- Well established technical problem-solving skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite (.NET Framework, Visual Studio)
- Experience with developing Windows services, clients and multi-threaded software.
- Experience with web services
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills Working knowledge of unit testing
- Working knowledge of user stories or use cases
- Working knowledge of design patterns or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of object oriented software design.
- Team Player
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing with SQL Server or equivalent
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with automation/testing tools
- Experience with/knowledge of agile development processes
- Experience(s) as a technical or team lead or equivalent experience
- Experience with telecommunications/telephony
- Experience with call centers
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.