Sr. Sales Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
NICE inContact, the market leader in cloud-based contact center technology, is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to excite potential customers and provide an understanding of how the NICE inContact™ product suite can be leveraged to meet and exceed the ever-growing demands of their contact center needs. A successful Sales Engineer will work consultatively with prospects to identify their goals and business drivers, and creatively design a solution that will meet the ever-growing demands of their contact center needs. As a Sr. Sales Engineer , a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Proactively identifying and addressing our customer's technical needs and objections to drive new sales, and existing account expansion.
- Actively learning and mastering the NICE inContact™ software portfolio at an intermediate level, in order to creatively apply our technology to help our customers achieve their business goals.
- Critically evaluating the technical sustainability of each new sales opportunity or Request for Proposal, ensuring that our contractual obligations to each new customer are accurate, and can be delivered in a timely manner.
- Helping facilitate a smooth transition from pre-sales to implementation by providing adequate knowledge transfer regarding the scope and requirements of the project, ensuring a seamless onboarding experience.
- Protecting NICE inContact™ from projects where technical challenges outweigh the value of a technically problematic opportunity, and long term partnership.
- In addition, the Sr. Sales Engineer is expected to assist other Sales Engineers by coaching and mentoring by way of an enhanced understanding of the NICE inContact™ Product Suite.
- Assisting our Sales Team through preparation and delivery of business discussions, technical presentations, and product demonstrations, by carefully mapping customer business requirements to effective value driven technical solutions leveraging the NICE inContact™ software portfolio.
- Proactively identifying customer needs through a technical benefits assessment, carefully building the business value of the solution, in order to assist with overcoming potential objections to proposed technical solutions.
- Meeting with our prospective customers as a trusted technical advisor, developing a deep understanding of their current environment, key business challenges and goals, and helping prospective customers envision the benefits that can be realized through an advanced contact center deployment with NICE inContact.
- Gathering valuable field data and product feedback from each customer engagement, and working directly with Product Management to facilitate ideas for the long term technical direction and development of the NICE inContact™ software platform.
- Providing an open and continuous knowledge transfer to the overall Sales Team and newly hired SEs, highlighting the technical aspects and benefits of our solution, and how to competitively position each product.
- Assisting in the preparation and response to customer RFP requests, carefully qualifying the prospective deal for technical feasibility.
- Scoping and building proofs of concept for prospective customers that require a hands-on experience of the platform, in order to confirm the required performance of the solution within their environment.
- Developing a detailed Solution Overview document for each new customer, which will serve as the foundation of our technical engagement, and act as a bridge to seamlessly engage our Professional Services Organization, and provide the most effective onboarding experience.
- Continuously building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders in each sales cycle, including executive, financial, technical decision makers and influencers within each of our prospects.
- This position may require significant travel up to 75% of the time, including overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 2-5 years of experience as a sales engineer or relatable position with experience or translatable skills in the contact center industry, telecommunications or cloud software sales, software development, software implementations, product management, or software development.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively listen to quickly assess the situation and then convey thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong presentation skills – Must possess the ability to sell and effectively build credibility in front of all levels of management, including an executive audience.
- Analytical and Quantitative abilities required – Must be able to interpret and explain financial and statistical information.
- Broad knowledge of call center technologies, automatic call distributions (ACD) and interactive voice response (IVR) systems.
- Detail oriented, but able to digest the critical elements of a situation to withstand being hyper-focused on the minutia.
- Ability to multi-task in a challenging environment while maintaining a high level of responsiveness.
- Valid Driver's License.
- 2+ years of sales experience outside of sales engineering in a software environment
- Experience selling technology solutions in public sector markets (SLED – Federal, State, Local Government, and Education Accounts)
- Experience with VoIP concepts
- Experience with programming or scripting languages
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.