Sr. QA Engineer
Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia
The Sr. QA Engineer is responsible for evaluating the overall quality of our products by developing test plans and scripts to validate product functionality and performance. As an integral contributor to our Agile development teams, the Sr. QA Engineer designs and executes both manual and automated test cases to ensure the highest level of quality and timely deliveries to the NICE inContact platform. Throughout the project lifecycle this individual will clearly outline the current state of the product and project by communicating any and all risks to the team.
As a Sr. QA Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include The Following:
- Passionate about quality and driven to accomplish the company’s goals.
- Develop and execute a complete test strategy for assigned products and features including verification of functionality, performance, security and scalability
- Design and facilitate test plans and test cases based on business requirements and functional specifications.
- Communicate QA results, risks and project status to management team as well as other stake holders
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Follow and execute on team-specified “done” criteria for testing stories
- Continuously streamline and improve the testing life cycle to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting are effective, agile, and coordinated
- Interact closely with developers offering suggestions and ideas for improving the quality of products
- Analyze testing results to enhance future test plans and scenarios. (Including metrics and benchmarks to gauge improvement)
- Pro-active investigation/verification of production defects and continuous improvement of regression tests
- Create automated testing scripts using TestComplete, Microsoft Testing Center, or other tools as required
- Create QA tasks in TFS and monitor individual burn-downs to ensure completion
- Identify log, track and report bugs to QA management and development team as well as accurately report hours in TFS
- Become a subject matter expert with NICE inContact product(s).
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of NICE inContact
- Leads team or mentors other QA Engineers as needed.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 6+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance
- 2+ years of experience scripting with TestComplete or comparable testing tools such as QTP or Rational
- 2+ years experience writing SQL statements
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated prior experience in a QA project leadership role
- Ability to script automated tests as opposed to only using record/playback functionality
- Data mining using SQL within automated scripts.
- Strong knowledge of QA practices and policies
- Testing web services
- Thorough understanding of the following types of testing:
- Data validation
- Automated testing
- Experience with Telecommunications
- Experience with VOIP Technology
- Ability to work independently and self manage projects
- Familiarity with .NET 3.0/3.5/4.0
- Knowledge of C#
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.