Principal Project Manager (Services)
Location: Salt Lake City, UT or Remote (this position can be located anywhere in the USA
The NICE inContact Enterprise Solutions Group is hiring a Principal Project Manager to oversee highly complex, large scale business and technical projects. The role of the Principal Project Manager is to manage all aspects of the project over the entire project lifecycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close) according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants for the purposes of ensuring the project is completed on time, on budget, within scope, while delivering against defined business requirements. A principal project manager must ensure success of the project by managing risks and minimizing their impact throughout the life of the project.
The principal project manager is responsible for the creation of standard PMI project documentation, reports and dashboards. These documents ensure there are detailed work plans for the project, relevant approvals have been gained and agreed milestones have been met. Presenting project status reports to senior/executive level audiences is expected on a regular basis.As a Principal Project Manager (Services) a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Lead and manage multiple internal software delivery and business related projects through initiation to closure. Working with internal business stakeholders and cross-functional project teams in multiple locations.
- Full ownership and accountability for project planning, resource management, scope and budget management to deliver profitable projects on time.
- Manage risks, issues, customers to ensure smooth delivery of projects.
- Diligently monitor and control project scope, schedule and proactively deal with any diversion from project baselines.
- Provide effective, accurate and timely communications to all stakeholders, act as a single point of contact for customers and partners.
- Provide frequent updates on internal project management IT systems, use of project management tools and manage project related revenue together with revenue recognition forecast.
- Measure the quality and efficiency of each delivery. Proactively provide feedback on lessons learned and contribute to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of all project management processes and tools used within the Enterprise Solutions Group.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Operations Management or related field or equivalent experience required.
- PMP certification is required but ideal candidate should also be able to adapt to other disciplines, detailed processes and methodologies.
- 12+ years experience of managing multiple concurrent IT/software projects of varied complexity utilizing cross-functional teams in multiple locations.
- Must have experience managing large scale projects with focus on stakeholder management, reporting and team management.
- Previous experience with crisis management, over-commitment management, prerequisites/delays tracking/ project report and action items tracking.
- Presentation skills – able to prepare and present in a projects in a comprehensive way (status, open issues, risks, delay, defects reporting) to project team and senior leadership.
- Ability to drive the project team through challenges and delays without escalations.
- Ability to build good relationships with the business leaders to understand their business needs and priorities
- Experience of managing projects in a global matrix organization is essential.
- Experience of managing IT software implementation and integration projects.
- Demonstrated progressive work experience in a lead role
- Technical, IT or telephony background is an advantage, but experience of managing complex IT, Software and Business projects is more important.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more Agile SDLC disciplines.
- Works well under pressure and can provide concise communication from team to board level.
- Proactive, responsive and committed to removing roadblocks to fulfill timelines
- Strategic thinker, consensus builder
- Understands and translates non-technical feature descriptions into structured use cases, requirements, and specifications for technical audiences
- Ability to interact well with technical and non-technical people and serve as a bridge to translate complex requirements and concepts
- Executive level presence is a must!