Product Expert (SME)
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Product Expert (SME) is a customer-facing, position chartered with engaging customers in a consultative capacity and providing specialized expertise around industry standards, best practices, competitive landscape, the contact center industry, and other contact center ecosystem topics including but not limited to [assigned SME domain]. This position, will be responsible for both technical and business tasks including managing customer expectations and satisfaction, recommending the ideal configuration for inContact products based on industry best practices and customer requirements, coordinating all the necessary internal resources, and in general ensuring the customer's desired business outcomes are satisfied.
Client interaction will be done primarily over the phone and/or via WebEx, with face to face meetings as deemed necessary and/or appropriate. The SME will work both independently and in concert with the Sales and Technical Services team. Together, these teams are responsible to ensure both customer longevity and systematic growth. The SME is also an organizational leader and is expected to serve as a mentor and coach to employees supporting our reporting products.
As a Product Expert (SME), a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
This position is responsible for business and technical performance related to ACD Reporting, Inview, and Satmetrix, with secondary responsibilities understanding the inContact product suite.
- Provide technical configuration, best practice guidance and customized training to customers for the ACD Reporting, Inview, and Satmetrix product family.
- Assist customers to achieve desired business outcomes and ROI for implemented products
- Engage internal product management organizations as necessary to ensure customer requirements are prioritized and incorporated into product roadmaps
- Maintain expertise and currency in industry leading contact center methodologies, processes, and technologies surrounding the use of ACD Reporting, Inview, and Satmetrix products
- For the ACD Reporting, Inview, and Satmetrix demonstrate a strong command of the required technical skills, tools and supporting technologies.
- Possess a beginner level knowledge of SQL.
- Working knowledge of API’s as they relate to reporting.
- Understand basic database design and data warehousing.
- Familiarity with third party reporting tools.
- Serve in a project management capacity, driving a successful customer/partner engagement lifecycle, ensuring appropriate internal resources are engaged as needed.
- Develop costing proposals for projects, perform risk analysis, and manage change control.
- Provide business analysis, business area assessment, user needs analysis and business systems design for assigned projects.
- Present a professional image in conduct, attitude and attire.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
- Demonstrate ability to manage client relationships at the Executive and Front Line Management level
- Consult on inContact ACD Reporting, Inview, and Satmetrix capabilities, available technologies and solutions
- Assist internal training department to develop targeted product certification programs which ensure customer facing employees have the skills needed to appropriately represent our products with customers
- Provide product leadership for internal product forums and external customer forums
- Manage assigned case load in Salesforce to ensure customer SLAs are satisfied.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- BS/BA in technical (e.g., CS/IS/EE) or business (e.g., Marketing/MIS) field or equivalent work experience required. MBA Preferred
- 6+ years of customer engagement / industry experience beyond education requirements above
- 4-5 years of experience ACD Reporting, Inview, and Satmetrix products and technologies
- 1-3 years of experience in Contact/Call Centers or Technical & Customer Support operations
- Type of experience varies depending on Product Experts area of specialization:
- Implementation: broad skills in both technology & analysis; experience in communicating at a technical and functional level while managing business rapport.
- Business Optimization: deep skills around business analysis/contact centers; experience in the KPIs and best practices of contact centers and their operations.
- Education & Enablement: professional and confident public presence; experience in commanding large audiences as a trainer and/or speaker.
- Industry experience related to the specific product with understanding of technical and business needs from an implementation, technical or consultant practice
- Strong consulting skill set to uncover, strategize, and align client goals and objectives with a product solution
- Ability to display strong and commanding confidence as a product expert
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.