Sr. Manager Systems Administration
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Sr. Manager Systems Administration (Corporate), this positions leads the Systems Administration group in the implementation and maintenance of hardware, operating systems, security solutions, and other required software on the systems. Provides superior customer service through execution of IT processes. Responsible for providing leadership in the areas of Help Desk, Desktop Support, Server administration, and System Engineering.As a Sr. Manager Systems Administration, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Provides leadership in the areas of Systems Administration, Security, and database administration.
- Maintain systems for optimal up-time and availability and manage system performance and backup strategies.
- Varied Windows certifications required to support system administration tasks.
- Knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SNMP
- Strong knowledge of System Administration, Systems Hardware, and Operating Systems.
- Performs root cause analysis and provides hands-on problem solving by using technical expertise to conduct advanced troubleshooting.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the design, architecture, and deployment of new systems to keep the server environment stable and interruptions to a minimum in standalone and multi-tiered environments.
- Conducts project management activities for new system requirements on various projects for deployment of business functions on new servers.
- Conducts system analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies and work with other professional technical staff in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Proactively learns new technologies to resolve any problems involved in integrating the new technologies with current systems.
- May lead complex evaluation, development, implementation, integration and administration of internal and external business solutions that meet customer needs.
- Recommends platform upgrades, hardware refreshes and plans maintenance programs.
- Develops department and company policies and procedures to ensure compliance and optimal operations.
- Perform security analyses of developed or packaged software components.
- Develop efficient and effective system controllers.
- Experience supporting SQL Server (2008 or newer)
- Extensive experience supporting Microsoft Exchange
- Configure, manage, and support Microsoft SharePoint sites
- Asset / inventory management: Ensure assets are tracked and reported according to the Company’s Fixed and Intangible Asset Policy.
- Manage Windows Domain and Active Directory environment.
- Manage daily operation of all corporate systems including hardware, software, voice (POTS and cell phones), data backups, imaging and office automation.
- Manage corporate assets and inventory.
- Provide leadership through coaching, feedback, development goals and performance management.
- Manage domestic and off-shore teams and employees
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the Operations department’s goals and objectives.
- Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and firing for the department.
- Manage department activities relating to systems administration, installation, patch management, user administration, monitoring, tuning, trouble shooting, asset tracking and data center management.
- Responsible for the health and operability of all corporate systems, network elements and OS and relative applications.
- Create, maintain and communicate computing and network standards, procedures and policies. Create and maintain technical documentation, diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Server hardware and software lifecycle management.
- Understand the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment and evaluate the impact of changes or additions to the environment.
- Provides a support structure for related departments and assists in the deployment of new technologies or products as needed.
- Applies strong analysis, research and problem-solving skills across a wide array of systems and situations, including those which may be unfamiliar, in order to address critical issues.
- Creates and maintains documentation and SOP’s in accordance with business objectives and controls.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Varied Windows certifications required to support system administration tasks required.
- 10+ years relevant experience including working in a systems administration, systems architecture, design, and Windows network administration
- 10+ years installing/configuring server hardware and OS
- 10+ years in Windows SQL Server administration
- 8+ years’ experience managing a technical team
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Domains, Active Directory, DNS
- Experience using imaging software
- Setup/management of HP/Compaq servers
- Foundation in Layer-2 and Layer-3 switching
- Experience managing and supervising Service and System Administration teams
- Experience supporting the hardware for Windows Servers, SANS, etc.
- Familiarity with network technologies.
ABOUT NICE inContact:
- Linux/Solaris administration
- 8+ Years telecommunications experience – working with T1, DS3 circuits.
- Requires minimal supervision, follows through on all assignments and reports progress to senior management in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Level Systems infrastructure and Datacenter Operations.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Windows Server and virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V (acceptable) or VMWare (preferred)
- Windows 7, 8 and Microsoft Office for PC and laptop support experience
- Experience with Android and Apple iOS Active-Sync connectivity to MS Exchange Server
- MDM (Mobile Data Management) technology and policies
- Data center/server projects management to include hardware migrations, additions upgrades, and business applications migrations
- Experience implementing PCI compliant and IT secure environments
- Experience with firewall maintenance
NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.