Sr. DevOps Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
About the Team
The NICE inContact media services team writes the software that powers over 6 billion customer phone calls per year. As an experienced team accustomed to real-time communication, we use SIP, RTP, C++, C#, REST and Windows Server to process the world 20ms at a time as we handle over 75,000 simultaneous VoIP calls. We are an entrepreneurial team that frequently investigates and adopts new technology to help us do things faster and better.
What We're Looking for in a Sr. DevOps Engineer:
We are looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to help us standardize and optimize our worldwide software deployments in our hybrid cloud. Together we’ll implement a configuration management strategy so we can fully automate deployments in the lab and production as painlessly as possible. You’ll work closely with the team to fine tune/maximize media server performance in different environments (containers, Nanoserver, Windows server). With your systems background, you’ll support our build and test process, help us stabilize our integration environments, recommend and test timely system upgrades and software patches, and troubleshoot complex system problems and to assess/resolve system performance problems. You’ll help us maximize the benefit of our logging by establishing a centralized logging repository and proactively alerting on key metrics. Dashboards and historical reporting will help us monitor and optimize media server performance.
In this position, you’ll play a key design role as you work with others to design, deploy, and support large scale clustered software platforms in multiple data-centers and public clouds around the world. As a service-oriented individual embodying DevOps principles, you’ll help us identify appropriate locations and technologies to house our data. Your knowledge of best practices and IT operations will help us develop and maintain documentation and troubleshooting playbooks detailing usage, standards, and procedures.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
- Strong background in Windows Server administration; Linux administration is a plus
- Strong familiarity with AWS
- 3+ years of experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments (VMWare vSphere preferred)
- Solid experience with orchestration and automation solutions (Chef preferred)
- Understanding of and experience with TCP/IP networking, including VoIP/SIP
- Experience running software container solutions (Docker preferred)
- Ability to deploy monitoring solutions, ranging from endpoint checks to system level checks
- Strong experience with SQL and MSSQL, NoSQL experience is a plus
- Experience with disaster recovery planning and testing
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of software version control systems (Git is a plus)
- Familiarity with comprehensive compliance regulations is a plug (HIPAA, PCI, and FedRAMP)
- Experience with Powershell and/or shell scripting
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.