Sr. Business Analyst
Location: Columbus, OH
The Sr. Business Analyst is tasked with helping the business meet its objectives and goals. He/she will understand how work is being conducted, and through analysis, determine solutions to the issues. The solution could include training, a process change, modifications to business rules, modifications to or implementation of new technology, or a combination of all four. Sr. Business Analysts have deep competencies in identifying the current state of processes, eliciting useful and harmful attributes of them, documenting models of the processes and facilitating stakeholder groups to consensus regarding new business process designs.
This position identifies impacts and linkages to the business strategies, organization and its people, data and systems, business policies and business rules, as well as the physical assets of the business. Sr. Business Analysts use techniques that enable successful implementation of business process changes in order to solve problems or exploit opportunities.
At a senior level, this role is engaged in large complex initiatives and ensures business architecture governance is addressed in all organizational changes. This role may make recommendations for changes to business architecture structure. This position is a mentor to other business analysts. As a Sr. Business Analyst, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Support, develop, and organize required delivery elements, via requirement documentation, process flows, user stories, as well as identifying capital and resource requirements for small and medium IT projects.
- Creating cost/benefit analyses in support of corporate projects, while providing methods for management to assess the financial impact of a decision to the bottom line.
- Work with business units to define and document project scope, requirements, timelines, and expectations and to report potential conflicts with other units to management for evaluation.
- Perform business process analysis to identify inefficiencies, work with the functional business owners to redesign the business workflow, and track impacts to the business process.
- Work as a business analyst to identify key functional elements and requirements, as well as developing processes and procedures for reporting to management the results of implemented projects for evaluation.
- Work as a key interface point for business stakeholders, project submitters, and the development team to identify, discuss, and resolve any issues related to functional system delivery.
- Communicate project status to stake holders and executives.
- Create Request for Proposal (RFP) and vendor relations.
- Participate actively in the Business/Corporate IT steering committee.
- Create Visio, network diagrams and process documentation as appropriate for size and scope of work being performed.
- Work with QA for quality assurance acceptance of products/solutions.
- Undergraduate Degree or College Diploma or equivalent, related work experience
- 10+ years acting in a business analyst, project management or program management capacity
- Knowledge of Business Structure
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Business Rules Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Facilitation skills
- Communications skills (written/oral)
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Root cause analysis
- Organization Modeling
- Requirements workshops/interviews
- Decision Analysis
- Costs benefit analysis
- Feasibility studies and business cases
- Knowledge of various organizational frameworks (e.g. Zachman framework )
- Modeling processes using various notation (Unified Modeling Language, Business Process Modeling Notation, Workflows, Swimlanes)
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®) (Intermediate) preferred
- Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) (Senior) preferred
inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to create stand-out customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. inContact continuously innovates and is the only provider to offer a complete customer interaction platform in the cloud that is flexible, scalable and reliable for enterprise, small business, government and business process outsourcers. inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.