Job Description - .Net Specialist Developer with Security focus
Looking for Full-Stack development experience in C#.net, having a good understanding of, and demonstrable experience with security aspects in terms of secure communication, certificates, encryption, Authentication and Authorization, etc. but also application security aspects revolving around UI hardening and secure code. Also, the person should have a keen focus on code quality, being able to write unit tests, do code reviews (pull requests) with a specific focus on security, and assisting, training and coaching of other developers in writing secure software.
From a development perspective, the person should have excellent knowledge of web Technologies (React/Angular) including design and development of features, but also be able to create back-end logic, API’s and Web Services.
Role and responsibilities
- Deliver high quality, sustainable, maintainable code
- Introduce security features and fixes in existing code base
- Be able to coach and train team members with writing secure code and harden existing features
- Participate in reviewing design and code (pull requests) for other team members – again with a secure code focus
- Work as a member of an agile team responsible for product development and delivery
- Adhere to agile development principles while following and improving all aspects of the scrum process
- Follow established department procedures, policies, and processes
- Communicate in an effective and professional way
- Excellent English and experience in working in international teams are required.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree
- 8+ years’ experience in software development
- Experience with Application Security concepts, (communication) encryption, certificates, secure coding practices, etc.
- Very strong C# candidate who has extensive experience building enterprise applications
- Good understanding of development on Windows ecosystem, use of Visual Studio and the C#.NET Language.
- Good understanding of Web based applications, ASP.NET, the use of IIS and web standards
- Distributed systems / back-end programming (WCF)
- Extensive experience refactoring code and developing solutions with a minimum risk of regression
- Experience with Continuous Integration workflow and tooling (i.e. JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with Virtualization technology, VMWare, etc.