Who Mattersight is:
The rubber hits the road when someone picks up the phone to talk to a company. It happens over 250 million times a day. With over 60 percent of people dumping brands because of bad customer service, that phone call can make or break a business.
Enter Mattersight – the only company that uses personality analysis and big data analytics to improve every customer call, increase customer satisfaction and lower costs for Fortune 500 enterprises. Our patented technology mines a private database of over 1 billion customer service calls to quickly pair customers with call center agents they will naturally, effortlessly click with. Awkward and annoying becomes satisfying and enjoyable. Frustrated becomes enthusiastic.
Mattersight helps companies make positive conversations with their customers the rule, not the exception by fostering emotional connections that turn complainers into fans.
Who you are:
Mattersight is seeking a Solutions Analyst who is excited about working in a data-driven environment with strategic, high-growth accounts and projects to join our Solutions Architecture Team.
We are looking for someone who can extract insight from large customer datasets, develop a comprehensive integration strategy, clearly articulate complex information to stakeholders, and understand how a client’s business and technical environment will impact the solution. The ideal candidate will also possess communication skills that allow them to effectively respond directly to questions from a wide variety of client audiences including technical, operational, and executive.
What you’ll do:
As a Solutions Analyst at Mattersight, you will be part of a fast paced environment, supporting a rapidly growing product division and responsible for designing the solution integration for new clients as a part of the implementation process. You will be partnering with project managers and engineers as the solution expert to architect the integration in a way that meets the client’s technical requirements and business goals. We are looking for detail-oriented individuals from diverse backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work and excellence.
• Work directly with clients to understand their needs and provide solution integration recommendations
• Support implementation phase by lending your business and technical expertise to deliver high quality solutions, identify risks, and clear roadblocks for the project delivery organization
• Identify the optimal solution design and influence internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment on key requirements for project success
• Use SQL, R, Tableau, and Excel to manipulate, analyze, and report on insights and trends from data
• Assess client technical and business environment to identify critical decisions, risks, and opportunities
• Assist the company’s leadership in the development and maintenance of company-wide solution integration standards
• Act as a mentor providing guidance to all team members on business, architectural, and technical concerns
What you definitely have:
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
• 1-3 years practical experience in either insights, data analytics, solutions architecture, sales engineering, business intelligence, or implementation management
• Experience in a professional capacity
• Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Experience working with data and data analytics tools
• Ability to clear roadblocks and meet time sensitive deadlines
• A motivator with an optimistic yet realistic “can do” attitude
• Experience with cross-functional project teams
What we’d also love to see:
• Experience working with customer contact centers or other customer service functions
• Experience working in a professional services environment
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to both non-technical business users as well as client technical stakeholders
• Experience in a role with direct client interaction
• Hands-on SQL data analysis or reporting experience
What we’re like
Mattersight values diversity amongst its employees. Employees from all levels of experience and backgrounds are mingled together and are encouraged to learn about projects others are working on. Mattersight’s Chicago office fosters teamwork as well as self motivation.
Where you’ll be
Mattersight seeks candidates authorized to work without sponsorship in the United States. The Solution Analyst role will be based out of Mattersight’s Chicago location; candidates should anticipate little to no travel.
What you’ll make
Mattersight is prepared to offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package for the ideal candidate.
For more information about Mattersight, visit http://www.mattersight.com/. Mattersight is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action in all employment matters: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partner status, national origin, disability or medical condition, pregnancy, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or on account of membership or affiliation with anyone in any of the foregoing categories, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Although particular legal provisions may differ in various locations in which we do business, our principles are the same worldwide.