Here at NICE, we provide state of the art cloud solutions for the Public Safety market for the acquisition, management and analysis of digital evidence to global market. These solutions can be tailored to fit with customer’s existing MIS systems.
We develop state of the art solutions for the Public Safety market, bringing together voice, video and screen recording, playback and analysis for Security customers worldwide.
We are currently expanding our team to allow us to develop an exciting new product to enable Police forces worldwide to keep up with the increasing demands of managing growing amounts of digital evidence.
Due to increasing demand for more larger and more complex solutions the global Product Team is expanding its ability to support our regional sales teams in dealing with larger projects.
A successful candidate will have the opportunity to become a key player in rapidly growing business area.
We are looking for a talented Solution Lead / Systems Engineer to join our technology team. The position is based in our Hedge End, Southampton R&D Centre. This role is responsible for:
- Provision of technical support to regional sales teams for specific prospects.
- Preparation of technical responses to RFI, RFP
- Participation in customer meetings and demonstrations
- Management of Proof of Concept solution delivery, working with Product teams
- Preparation of quotes and order processing
- Working with customer technical teams to develop finalise detailed design
- Manage the conversion of the Proof of Concept into a live system.
- Setup initial customer training for go live.
- Managing a smooth handover to operations teams
- Contribute to project completion ‘lessons learned’ reviews
- Working with Product teams to assist in creation and delivery of technical sales training.
What you should bring to the role to be successful:
- You have to be comfortable working as part of a distributed team
- You work with minimal guidance once trained
- Be comfortable communicating with customers at all levels
- You must possess excellent written and verbal communications in English
- You should be an excellent problem solver and work under pressure
- You will have to be able to travel with a few days’ notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field preferred
Knowledge and experience:
- analysis of customer requirements into product requirements
- writing Technical Proposals
- designing complex systems
- project management (installation)
- working successfully with clients and business partners directly
- system engineering and/or IT support for 6 years or more
Please NOTE – Successful candidates will need to be security checked to UK police level NPPV3. This requires that candidates have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years.
You should have knowledge of some of the following
- telecommunications systems in public safety (radio, telephone)
- law enforcement information systems
- telecommunications in public transportation (rail, air)
- the principles of information systems security
- use of SQL database systems
- web, cloud applications
- network design
- installation and maintenance of Microsoft-based operating systems and Azure
Please apply: via the NICE Career site or for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
NICE is an Equal Opportunities Employer