Software Engineer in Test II
Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia.
A Software Engineer Test II accelerates the delivery and improves the quality of NICE inContact products.
This position is responsible for designing and implementing build and test infrastructure, creating
and enforcing good engineering practices, and evaluating product quality for various external and/or
internal NICE inContact products. The primary responsibility for a Software Engineer Test II will be to work
with the development and test engineering teams to create new test harnesses, automate testing, implement
new automation tools and create innovative automated test systems. These test systems explore and validate
the functional correctness, performance capabilities, and resource usage of our software, as well as
their interaction with other NICE inContact systems and infrastructure.As a Software Engineer in Test II a typical day might include the following:
To land this gig you'll need:
- Build advanced automated test suites to exercise our world-class applications.
- Develop and execute a complete test strategy for assigned products and features including verification of functionality, performance, security and scalability
- Work with the development and test engineering teams to automate testing.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies.
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system.
- Communicate QA results, risks and project status to management team as well as other stake holders
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Follow and execute on team-specified "done" criteria for testing stories
- Continuously streamline and improve the testing life cycle to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting are effective, agile, and coordinated
- Interact closely with developers offering suggestions and ideas for improving the quality of products
- Analyze testing results to enhance future test plans and scenarios. (Including metrics and benchmarks to gauge improvement)
- Pro-active investigation/verification of production defects and continuous improvement of regression tests
- Create automated testing scripts using Microsoft CodedUI, Selenium, or other tools as required
- Create QA tasks in TFS and monitor individual burn-downs to ensure completion
- Identify log, track and report bugs to QA management and development team as well as accurately report hours in TFS
- Become a subject matter expert with NICE inContact product(s).
- BS in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience
- Strong understanding of SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
- Strong understanding of software design and programming in C# coding language
- Understanding of QA practices and policies.
- Experience with the following types of testing:
- Data validation
- Understanding of MS Office
- Understanding of the SDLC in an agile environment.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Good scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell).
ABOUT NICE inContact:
- Experience with Telecommunications
- Experience with VOIP Technology
- Ability to work independently and self-manage projects
- Familiarity with .NET 3.5/4.0 and above
NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional
customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform,
NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence
on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises
enterprise software solutions.