Software Engineer I
Location: Columbus, OH
The Channels teams at NICE-inContact are responsible for all digital, non-voice communications into our platform. Leveraging the latest AWS-based technologies such as Lambda, Kinesis, SQS and API Gateway, our solutions provide omnichannel connectivity for customers to connect with contact center agents.
The Channels teams are currently building our next-generation Cloud Email and SMS channels in AWS. Future projects on the roadmap include the Chat, Social Media Messaging and Work Item channels, all leveraging similar AWS architecture. This work combines "green field" development of our cloud-based channels, along with decomposition of our legacy platform. As a member of these teams, you'll help drive the creation of new microservices, internal support tools, telephony integration for SMS, customer enablement tools, and expansion of our CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
The Software Engineer II designs, develops, tests and maintains the NICE inContact software platform. Key responsibilities include all tiers of the NICE inContact technology, including (but not limited to) design and development of NICE inContact products and features, unit testing, code reviews, resolving defects encountered during the QA cycle, supporting the production environment and assisting other developers in a team environment utilizing agile development processes.
As a Software Engineer II, a typical day might include the following:
- Work as a member of an agile team to enhance and improve software written in one or more of the following languages: Node.js, C#
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Code and test projects.
- Manage time effectively working on one or more concurrent projects.
- Deliver high-quality software on time.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Work with a cross functional team which includes Product Management, Software Testing and Architecture
- Mentors interns and new hires
- Follow established department procedures, policies, and processes.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 2-5 years experience in software development
- Experience working with Node.js and ASP.Net
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of unit testing
- Working knowledge of user stories or use cases
- Team Player
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience utilizing AWS technologies including Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB and API Gateway, as well as other fundamental services including RDS and EC2
- Experience with JIRA or similar project management tools
- Experience with GIT
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines on AWS for microservices using CI/CD and test tools and components like Jenkins and CloudFormation
- Experience with/knowledge of agile development process
- Experience integrating into a well established code base while working on greenfield development projects
- Experience with call centers
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.