We develop state of the art solutions for the Public Safety market, bringing together voice, video and screen recording, playback and analysis for Security customers worldwide.
We are currently expanding our team to allow us to develop an exciting new product to enable Police forces worldwide to keep up with the increasing demands of managing growing amounts of digital evidence.
We are looking for a talented Senior Developer / Systems Engineer to join our team. You must:
- Be comfortable working as part of a multidisciplinary and distributed team.
- Be able to communicate effectively, including via phone, email, instant message and video conferencing tools.
- Be fierce in your pursuit of product quality.
- Be an excellent problem solver with an active interest in the latest design and development tools and technologies.
- Be confident in communication with customer and technology partners.
- Be willing to travel to customer sites for technical discussions on a semi-regular basis (once or twice per quarter).
- Be able to be security checked to UK Police standards.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering quality software as part of an agile delivery team.
- Ensuring your code takes into account the concerns of security, scalability, compatibility and maintainability.
- Performing automated and manual testing of your work, fixing defects and helping to resolve customer support cases.
- Taking on technical ownership of a number of product areas.
- Communicating with customers (supporting pre-sales and implementation teams) through from requirement gathering to delivery.
Knowledge and experience:
- Experience developing ASP.NET MVC web applications in C# using Visual Studio
- Experience working in collaborative multidisciplinary teams
- Experience creating maintainable code and using source control solutions such as TFS and GIT
- Experience of unit and automated testing using tools such as NUnit, Jasmine and Selenium
- Solid understanding of the principles of network security, authentication and authorization
- Experience of working with databases using Entity Framework
Nice to have
- Microsoft Azure experience (Web Apps, Deployment etc).
- Experience of using Elastic Search and related tools.
- Experience creating RIA / SPAs using frameworks such as Vue.js or equivalent
- Experience creating RESTful APIs and ensuring API extensibility
- Experience of working with video and audio