Specialist Software Architect
You will be responsible for the architecture of our product end to end. Reporting to the Director of Engineering and working closely with all the engineering functions and the scrum teams.
You will drive an open and extendible architecture, ensuring relevant technology solutions are being adopted, good engineering practices are implemented and the overall system design and architecture is kept while we develop new features to the market. You will have a key role in fostering innovation and ensuring adoption of new technologies as needed.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering high quality enterprise product that is used by millions of users.
You are expected to be very hands on and have an in-depth technical understanding of enterprise software architecture
Main Responsibilities and Deliverables:
· Overall responsibility for the product architecture, Establish well architected and designed solution
· Working with several scrum teams and actively involved in the design of multiple features in parallel
· Mentor and develop engineers in all levels, Involved in hiring great engineers
· Establish and manage engineering processes, best practices, and continuous improvement, aligned with Agile-Scrum methodology
· Participate in envisioning of next gen plans to achieve longer term strategic objectives of the organization
· 10+ years of software development experience, at least 5 of them developing in enterprise software
· 3+ years of experience as an architect
· Substantial capabilities in the domain, analyses information and deduces conclusions within the professional space, seen as a professional by his team and peer community. Has high-attention to details and works well in a dynamic and stressful environment.
· Experience developing enterprise-grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem.
· Experience in high performance, highly available and scalable systems
· Experience developing and supporting hosted and/or multi-tenant software delivered as-a-Service (SaaS).
· Deep Knowledge and experience with software design patterns and how they can be incorporated into software design.
· Familiarity and/or experience with public cloud infrastructures and technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Engine or Azure.
· Experience in database development with SQL;
· Knowledge and Experience with Java – an advantage
· Knowledge and Experience with Scala or Python – an advantage
· Knowledge and Experience with .Net – an advantage
· Knowledge and Experience with Java Script / Angular – an advantage
· Knowledge and Experience with enterprise applications running on Windows server developed using Microsoft technologies(.NET/ASP, C++)
· Experience with Open Source Software (OSS) technology frameworks, platforms, and tools
· Experience with enterprise Security requirements implementation
· Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to influence others, especially in sensitive or complex situations
· Passion to educate and mentor others in engineering best practices and patterns, team player.
· Experience working with agile software development methodology
· Great initiative; proven ability to tackle projects with a can do attitude
· Proven experience in operating within a global environment
· Ability to work under high pressure
· High attention to details and accuracy
· Self-starter, autodidactic