Innovate at NICE!
The R&D department of NICE FMC is located in Alkmaar, the Netherlands. We have a dynamic work environment where employees develop innovative products and solutions for the financial market. Regulations for financial markets have become very demanding since the financial crisis in 2008. Our recording & compliance solutions are used by compliance officers of the major financial institutions around the world for early fraud detection and prevention.
We work in small motivated Agile Scrum teams on modern, scalable and reliable solutions that capture, store, and manage high volumes of voice communication generated in trade floors and back office (telephony) environments. This means working with telephony switches/PBX’s, networking technologies, VoIP, digital audio, huge databases, etc.
We are moving to build and integrate future-proof Big Data solutions: searching and indexing of possibly Petabytes of data.
At NICE in Alkmaar, we’re looking for an intelligent and enthusiastic Software Architect to work on our broad range of interesting and technically challenging projects. You will be working together with the developers on different scrum teams, keeping an eye on the big picture but also helping the teams with guidance and hands-on coding.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Collaborating with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Design and plan software product architecture
- Present architecture concept to relevant stakeholders
- Document design and architecture decisions, including APIs, flowcharts, and diagrams
- Ensure correct implementation of architectural concept throughout product development
- Act as the R&D product expert, understanding the product in terms of its requirements, purpose and need in the market
- Interface with R&D Groups, Product Management, Customer Support and Services.
Our scrum teams consist of both software developers and QA engineers, working on solutions for recording and analysis of communication for the largest global companies in the financial markets. Our customers demand the most reliable, scalable and secure solutions, capable of processing very high volumes of communications traffic. That’s why we expect you to take ownership of everything you do at NICE.
You will be great to work in this role at NICE if you:
- Are energetic, sociable & inspiring;
- Have good verbal and non-verbal communicator skills;
- Have strong documentation skills;
- Have strong analytic and coding skills;
- Focus on delivering high quality;
- Enjoy technical challenges!
What we expect from you:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent
- Your English is fluent (in speech and writing)
- Practical experience/knowledge in software architecture
- Have a long-standing and strong software development background, including:
- Knowledge of architectural styles, software design, and design patterns
- True and effective Microsoft .NET C# skills and strong knowledge of .NET frameworks
- Knowledge of SQL development, data modeling, and database design
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Knowledge of Enterprise Search Engines, such as Elasticsearch
- Strong knowledge of Cloud computing and Cloud technologies, such as AWS
- Experience with (and enthusiasm for) working with Agile Scrum teams
- Are self-managing and display effective leadership & influencing skills
- You are flexible, able to multitask and work on multiple projects with tight timescales.
We would like you to have knowledge of, or experience with:
- Distributed systems, WCF, networking & connectivity
- Multithreading, concurrency, and code performance
- Secure coding, security awareness, and encryption
- Continuous delivery
Some additional knowledge areas that are considered a big plus:
- Telephony, PBX or VoIP infrastructures (a real bonus)
Do you recognize yourself? Then NICE can offer you a job that is…
- Challenging: an opportunity to help create new innovative products at the forefront of the compliance business and technology trend;
- Dynamic: NICE product development takes place in a fast-paced, agile environment with short internal lines of communication;
- Full of variety: R&D, product management, and support teams continuously work on finding solutions for various product problems and developing new products and features for our wide range of customers;
- Innovative: since we started 25 years ago, innovation and education have been vital to our company;
- Evolving: people in NICE grow and evolve into other domains, roles and functions;
- A good balance between work and life: travel up-stream to Alkmaar and avoid traffic jams and/or crowded public transport.
If this is you than please apply: directly via the NICE career site.
NICE is an Equal Opportunities Employer