Here at NICE Systems Ltd, we develop state-of-the art solutions for the Public Safety market, focusing on developing and supporting Call Telephony (CTI) and Call Detail Record (CDR) integrations to enable voice and radio information to be recorded, replayed and analysed.
We are looking for a talented Software Architect to join our team based in our hedge End, Southampton R&D Centre.
To be successful, You will have to be:
- comfortable working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- comfortable working as part of a distributed team
- able to communicate effectively, including via phone, email, instant message and video conferencing tools.
- fierce in your pursuit of product quality.
- an excellent problem solver with an active interest in the latest design and development tools and technologies
- Working closely with product management to gain a solid understanding of the project objectives
- Collaborating with other software architects to design system components, and make appropriate technology and architecture choices.
- Ensuring your designs take into account the concerns of security, scalability, compatibility and maintainability.
- Documenting your system designs, and communicating them effectively to the development team.
- Taking a proactive role in ensuring the quality of the team’s delivery
- Mentoring the more junior members of the development team
- Developing product, including coding/developer testing and creating supporting documentation.
Knowledge and experience:
- A proven track record of breaking down complex market requirements into secure, scalable and resilient system designs
- Solid experience developing in C# using Visual Studio
- Solid experience working in collaborative multidisciplinary teams
- Solid experience creating maintainable code and using source control solutions such as GIT or TFS
- Developing software that deals with real-time messaging communication / telephony systems
- Proven experience of work with Call Telephony Integration (CTI) and Call Detail Record (CDR) implementations
- Proven experience of working with the SIP protocol
Nice to have
- Experience in writing Technical Systems/Solutions Documentation
- Solid understanding of the principles of networking
- Experience in re-architect systems to utilise new technological advances.
- Experience developing in C++
- Experience of work in an Agile Development Environment
- Experience of relational database design
- Team leading experience
- Experience with VoIP based telephony system (CISCO CuCM, Avaya, Alcatel or similar)
- Trunked radio experience (Motorola, Harris or similar)
: via the NICE career site or directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
NICE is an Equal Opportunities Employer