We are looking for a talented software architect to join our team. You must:
- Be comfortable working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Be comfortable working as part of a distributed team
- Be able to communicate effectively, including via phone, email, instant message and video conferencing tools.
- Be fierce in your pursuit of product quality.
- Be an excellent problem solver with an active interest in the latest design and development tools and technologies
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with product management to gain a solid understanding of the project objectives
- Collaborating with other software architects to design system components, and make appropriate technology and architecture choices.
- Ensuring your designs take into account the concerns of security, scalability, compatibility and maintainability.
- Documenting your system designs, and communicating them effectively to the development team.
- Taking a proactive role in ensuring the quality of the team’s delivery
- Mentoring the more junior members of the development team
- Developing product, including coding/developer testing and creating supporting documentation.
Knowledge and experience:
- Proven track record of breaking down complex market requirements into secure, scalable and resilient system designs
- Solid experience developing in C# using Visual Studio
- Solid experience working in collaborative multidisciplinary teams
- Solid experience creating maintainable code and using source control solutions such as GIT or TFS
- Developing software that deals with real-time messaging communication / telephony systems
- Proven experience of work with Call Telephony Integration (CTI) and Call Detail Record (CDR) implementations
- Proven experience of working with the SIP protocol
Nice to have
- Experience in writing Technical Systems/Solutions Documentation
- Solid understanding of the principles of networking
- Experience in re-architecting systems to utilise new technological advances.
- Experience developing in C++
- Experience of work in an Agile Development Environment
- Experience of relational database design
- Team leading experience
- Experience with VoIP based telephony system (CISCO CuCM, Avaya, Alcatel or similar)
- Trunked radio experience (Motorola, Harris or similar)