Nexidia is looking for a quality-minded senior-level Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team to help improve and contribute to our manual and automated testing suites for our real-time distributed speech analytics framework. We have some fascinating new features in our backlog, and we need your help to get them into our customers' hands with efficiency and quality.
Our goal is to move the QA organization from a primarily manual testing team to a much more automated team and process. Be prepared to learn your way around a large existing code-base and bring fresh and creative ideas on how to improve testing and move our organization to the next level.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (SQAE) is responsible for developing and executing test plans and test cases both manual and automated, maintaining and adding to existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features. The SQAE will also work closely with Software Developers and other QA engineers in scrum teams to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner. Specific duties and responsibilities include creating, maintaining and executing test plans and test cases against our hardware and software platforms, estimating test efforts, analyzing and communicating test results, defect tracking and participating in day to day QA Activities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, maintain, and execute test plans and test cases against our hardware and software platforms
- Estimate test efforts
- Analyze and communicate test results
- Defect tracking
- Participate in day-to-day QA activities
- Enhance and extend the automation library and framework
- Write specialized testing tools for use in testing our software platform
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 4-6 years of experience in Software Testing
- 2-3 years of automated testing experience
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience in Microsoft Technologies is desired
- Experience with SQL, WCF, ASP.NET, C# and .NET is preferred
- Demonstrated skill in testing enterprise distributed systems is strongly desired
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues required
- Demonstrated skill using code repositories
- Knowledge of common industry automation tools, such as Selenium and others
- Knowledge of performance and scalability test approaches and automation a plus
- Passion for creating and executing test plans
- Passion for continuing education and improving code quality through interaction with development team
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews
- Strong time management skills with a history of meeting commitments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work environment: Professional office environment that is entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, team-oriented, inspiring, diverse and challenging with dedication to creating and developing cutting-edge business solutions for our customers. Working conditions are normal for an office environment; work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.