Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UTPrimary Purpose
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will design, implement, and test machine learning models and algorithms for driving real time, state-of-the-art insights for the NICE CXone platform. Key responsibilities include involvement in all tiers of technology development including (but not limited to) the design and implementation of algorithms and models, testing, peer reviews, production support, and assisting others in a team environment utilizing agile development processes.
As a machine learning engineer at NICE, you will be focused on enhancing cutting edge data analytics technologies. You will be working on multiple interesting projects designing, implementing and testing machine learning models from beginning to end. You will have the opportunity to make significant and novel contributions to the technology while also improving our customer’s lives.Major Functions/Responsibility:
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills Education Requirement:
- Turn smart, state-of-the arts analytics insights into results in real time
- Deliver proto-algorithms, specifications or actual code building upon NICE's proprietary NLP to solve a variety of problems and use cases
- Perform corpus wrangling: acquiring, curating, analyzing and modeling multi-channel unstructured data
- Perform rigorous feature engineering and error analysis
- Collaborate with computational linguists and software developers
- Utilize agile methodologies for software development
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Master’s degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics would be useful for this position. However, talent and brains trump degrees every time.
- Strong background in mathematics/statistics especially in multivariable calculus, linear algebra and optimization theory
- 3+ years of experience applying machine learning solutions to natural language processing or business intelligence problems
- Deep understanding of supervised/unsupervised machine learning algorithms
- Ability to apply state-of-the-art research to business problems
- Highly skilled in one or more programming languages, preferably C++/C#/Java, or scripting languages such as Python
- Familiarity with NLP processes such as tokenization, POS tagging, and parsing at a low level
- Ability to work collaboratively on the design and implementation of solutions with computational linguists and software engineers
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Fast learner
- Familiarity with one or more of common machine learning/deep learning tools and libraries (e.g. TensorFlow, Spark, Keras, Theano, etc.)
- Familiarity with one or more NLU tools and libraries (e.g. spaCy, NLTK, Dialogflow, LUIS, Rasa)
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience with Docker, AWS and understanding of the concept of microservices
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Analytics or Big Data
- Experience in Agile software development processes in a commercial setting
- Ability to write production level code
- Call center and telecom experience
- Foreign language proficiency
NICE makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to create outstanding customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE continuously innovates and is the only provider to offer a complete customer interaction platform in the cloud that is flexible, scalable and reliable for enterprise, small business, government and business process outsourcers.