The purpose of the Sales Department is to secure new and renewal business for Nexidia that result in achieving the company’s revenue and booking goals.
Performs related sales duties at the professional level and carries out responsibilities across the entire spectrum of the enterprise sales cycle including: Territory management, prospecting, qualifying, value proposition creation, demonstrations, POC process management, business case development, proposal creation, negotiation and closing. The role requires significant coordination of resources that are not part of the sales organization, as well as significant interface with senior management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Territory management including market segmentation and other related research required of understanding the market potential
- Lead generation to include targeted campaigns, targeted mailings (coordinated with marketing), webinar marketing (in addition to what marketing is doing), and other pipeline building activities as required
- Deep understanding of Nexidia’s value proposition and impact on relevant client business problems
- Ability to deliver a compelling demonstration of the Nexidia solution in both face-to-face meetings and via webcasts
- Coordination of the resources required to complete a successful proof of concept
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective sales growth strategies and processes
- Serve as the thought leader for sales in the allocated Territory regarding product requirements, selling trends, competitive landscape, marketing programs and communications
- Facilitate feedback regarding client needs, operational needs, business opportunities, and marketing/sales programs
- Drive business in the allocated territory to achieve and surpass sales and business goals and objectives
- Provide executive level representation at high-stakes meetings with prospects, clients, and technology/channel partners
- Works closely with Marketing channelling customer feedback on product features and functions, trends, program needs, customer outreach programs and events
- Works closely and in a matrix fashion takes directions from General Managers in Strategic Services on Enterprise level accounts in a specific vertical
- Recommend and put in practice creative selling techniques based on market and product knowledge
- Assist in developing brand identity and recognition in the allocated territory
- Provide accurate and timely forecast’s using the appropriate sales tools and processes and maintain all relevant information about customers, prospects, campaigns, and leads
- Work with management to ensure business is transacted accurately and within pricing guidelines to the highest ethical standards
- Work with customers to ensure timely payments against invoices
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
NEXIDIA COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and adheres to Nexidia compliance standards as they appear in the Employee Handbook, Corporate Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy (as appropriate).
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent national regulations, laws, and policies affecting their position as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- As appropriate, ensures that staff and other resources are trained with knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to the sales function.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships at multiple levels to work cross- organizationally toward solutions; excellent leadership and consensus building skills
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to coordinate and oversee any number of projects concurrently across multiple functional company departments
- Strong presentation, prospecting, and negotiation skills
- Exudes high energy, motivation and a strong work ethic
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as attention to detail
- Proficient with Sales Force, LeadLander, Hoover’s, Jigsaw and MS Office Applications
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet organisational deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years with technology and/or services sales experience
- Call centre or enterprise software services sales experience, business intelligence, business analytics
- Consistent record of quota achievement / exceeding quota at the £ 1M+ level
Physical Demands: Overnight travel by car or plane to customer’s location is required.