This position will lead and manage a team that designs, develops, release, maintains, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for SaaS, On-premise, and Big Data enterprise applications in the Desktop Analytics and Desktop Automation space. Provide leadership through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about managing projects and a team of software engineers for complex enterprise products that are used by millions of users. This position calls for a seasoned professional who is playing a lead role in handling escalations from the field when necessary, and actively participating in all aspects of day-to-day engineering management from product and technology direction to process improvements.
- Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives
- Responsible for a team of engineers who develop and maintain features within our Desktop Analytics and Desktop Automation domain. As such, you will:
- Work closely with the product manager, interaction designer, technical architect, PSR engineer, QA engineers, writer, and software engineers to define/develop features big and small for our products.
- Actively guide and mentor the team to develop features to meet functional, documentation, quality, and PSR objectives all while obviating roadblocks
- Drive and impact all current processes related to software development and improvements across the org as necessary
- Manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, mentoring, promotions, etc.
- Play major role in envisioning and execution of next gen plans (e.g. architecture) to achieve longer term strategic objectives of the organization
- Prioritize, assign and manage departments activities and projects in accordance with the R&D departments goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation based on workload.
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 15+ years of experience managing multiple teams of software developers
- Proven track record of managing software product engineering projects, delivering on-time, on-budget with world-class quality
- Demonstrated ability to deftly influence others, especially in sensitive or complex situations
- Deep experience with agile software development techniques and pitfalls
- Solid understanding of n-tier architectures
- Demonstrated success in multi-site development
- Great initiative; proven ability to tackle projects with alacrity
- E/B.Tech in computer science or equivalent from a reputed institute
- Experiences as a technical or team lead or equivalent experience
- Experience developing enterprise-grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem.
- Experience developing and supporting hosted and/or multi-tenant software delivered as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Familiarity and/or experience with public cloud infrastructures and technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Engine or Azure.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
In addition, the following are desired:
- Familiarity with Big Data techniques and tools
- Familiarity with Data Mart/Warehouse concepts
- Familiarity with BI and Reporting tools
- Familiarity with Apache and Tomcat concepts
- Experience with Windows operating systems
- Experience with C#, .Net and MS SQL