The Program Manager serves as a strategic partner and single point of contact to the Customer managing a portfolio of multiple, complex related projects in a coordinated way to achieve benefits aligned to the Customer’s business strategy. The Program Manager owns the success of the program through overall responsibility for governance and planning including analyzing program needs, coordinating activities and communication across workstreams, risk mitigation, identifying interdependencies and managing scope change. He/She manages program-level financials and revenue forecasting.
The Program Manager fully owns all Customer communications and expectations including escalations and leading NICE resources around complex escalated issues.
A Typical Day Involves:
- Management of all phases of the program – Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitor and Control and Closing – ensuring alignment across all project workstreams tied to the program delivering on-time and on-budget with high quality ensuring positive Customer experience.
- Facilitates all related internal and external Customer activities and commissioning of solutions related to the program.
- Oversight of program related Revenue/ Gross Margin KPI (Program level), overall CSAT score and, where necessary, raising flags internally.
- Fiscal responsibility to NICE ensuring projects remain on budget by controlling time tables and budgets as well as provide regular reporting within NICE.
- Stakeholder management including Customer facing activities communicating in a crisp and transparent manner regarding, program status, project issues and decisions on services. Remains informed on all workstream items across the program.
- Drive change management within the Customer’s organization to ‘adopt and adapt’ by engaging the appropriate resources such as VRS.
- Manage the products dependencies and crisply communicate it to the customer as one solution by identifying, rationalizing, monitoring, and controlling project interdependencies and overall risk management.
- Comprehensive ownership of Customer escalations and proactive management of issues by engaging the appropriate internal partners required to resolve issues including internal conflicts and escalations related to resources, scope, time, cost, and quality. Manage any scope changes to a program or underlying project.
- Manages the development and the integration process.
- Serves as a Matrix Manager by specifying the roles and responsibilities of the program team members, coaching and motivating the team, and providing formal feedback during the performance review cycles.
- Ensures the success of the project team through being forward-looking, assessing risk, ensuring delivery consistency, and driving the overall successful delivery of the solution.
Strategic elements of the role entail:
- Ability to maintain the strategic focus of the program and business acumen to adapt program to meet the Customer’s strategic imperatives.
- Ability to understand the Customer’s business and technical environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation at the C-suite level with the ability to make the complex simple.
- Ability to build deep relationships and quickly develop credibility with Customers and internal stakeholders alike.
- Critical thinker with the ability to make/facilitate swift and smart decisions with the data at hand and articulate the decision and downstream impacts.
- Comfortable in an uncertain environment
Flexing your leadership strengths will require:
- Leadership and team building skills with proven ability to manage in a matrix environment.
- Ability to partner, align and coordinate with the internal stakeholders relative to the program.
- Program managers serve as a mentor to program team members.
- Resourceful and creative problem solver that proactively identifies potential challenges, resolves them in advance and prevents escalations.
- Expert negotiator with ability to influence particularly when driving issue resolution.
Showcasing your technical prowess will involve:
The top 5% of talent will possess:
- Facilitating the work of both the project managers and the program team by removing roadblocks to forward momentum.
- Expert knowledge of Project Management principles and strong technical background.
- Industry-specific knowledge and understanding of which methodologies are fit for purpose.
- 10-15 years of enterprise program management experience
- A minimum of 5 years of program experience leading large scale initiatives that require consistent feedback and interface with C-Suite leaders
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree, Master's preferred