Scope & Responsibilities:
Provide in-depth and thorough technical support on a wide range of Public Safety solutions. Work effectively with staff in all areas of the business to provide timely and long-term resolutions, escalating when appropriate to management and/or R&D. Take into account technical and commercial relationships with end users, partners and service providers.
Develop documentation and tools to improve the supportability of our solutions. Look for ways to innovate, share information and improve customer satisfaction.
Set up and deploy systems to enable replication of customer issues and use remote access tools to diagnose and repair without jeopardising customer data or operations.
Education & Background
The successful candidate is likely to have higher education qualification in science or technology subjects. A degree level qualification is desirable.
The ideal candidate is a rapid learner, self-motivated and a good communicator and problem solver. A high quality of work is also particularly important.
Relevant technical customer support experience preferred, particularly within a Public Safety environment. Understanding what represents good ‘customer service’ and how to deliver it is essential.
- Experience supporting cloud deployed systems, e.g. Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Windows server and client technology
- Experience with databases (Microsoft SQL) and scripting
- Efficient, effective and respectful communication skills both with customers and within internal departments. Including;
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good listener, able to identify and validate assumptions
- Able to use effective questioning to confirm understanding of a customer problem and then provide help to solve it
- Methodical troubleshooting, technical skill and attention to detail used in diagnosing problems and reproducing issues in a local environment
- Multi-tasking and time-management to prioritise and switch between varied tasks
- Focused and calm under pressure
- Careful record keeping
- Able to use initiative and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Programming (e.g. C#)
- Scripting in Linqpad, Powershell or similar
- Linux operating system
- Elastic Search, Postman, Kibana, Azure Application Insights
- Technical writing skills
- Knowledge of video, sensors or audio would be an advantage
Be willing to travel occasionally to customer or partner sites worldwide, sometimes at short notice
Be flexible with working hours when needed to address critical or urgent matters
Will require security clearance