Principal QA Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Principal QA Engineer position be responsible for coaching, organization, and alignment, of all quality initiatives through the Quality Assurance discipline across teams within the organization. The role is responsible for evaluating not only the overall quality of our corporate products, but the processes and methodologies utilized to ensure quality at every stage of the development lifecycle. As an integral contributor to our Agile development team, the Principal QA Engineer designs and executes both manual and automated test cases to ensure the highest level of quality and timely deliveries to the corporate systems. Creates procedures and policies that define, develop, operate, and measure quality and efficiency. Throughout the project lifecycle this individual will clearly outline the current state of the products and projects by communicating any and all risks to the team. The ideal candidate will have experience in QA automation, creating scenarios or building a testing environment.As a Principal QA Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Passionate about quality and driven to accomplish the company’s goals.
- Coach, mentor and work with other QA individuals to ensure quality in all aspects of the organization.
- Hold all team members accountable to quality standards and processes.
- Meets or exceeds qualifications of Senior QA Engineer.
- Design, develop and execute a complete test strategy for assigned products and features including verification of functionality, performance, security and scalability
- Design and facilitate test plans and test cases based on business requirements and functional specifications.
- Communicate QA results, risks and project status to internal team members (e.g. QA, developers, project managers and internal stakeholders); members of the management team, and other internal NICE inContact stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Follow and execute on team-specified “done” criteria for testing stories.
- Continuously streamline and improve the testing life cycle to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting are effective, agile, and coordinated
- Interact closely with developers offering suggestions and ideas for improving the quality of products
- Analyze testing results to enhance future test plans and scenarios. (Including metrics and benchmarks to gauge improvement)
- Pro-active investigation/verification of production defects and continuous improvement of regression tests. Perform root-cause analysis of production defects, and estimate impact on other products.
- Help other QA team members to manage and/or architect automated test scripts in accordance with Corp IT QA test automation best practices; identifying areas where existing automation scripts may be used across Corp IT projects. Depending on their skill set, they may also create and/or review automated testing scripts as required.
- Monitor progress of QA tasks in TFS, including individual burn-downs to ensure completion of QA activities.
- Identify log, track and report bugs to QA management and development team as well as accurately report hours in TFS.
- Become a subject matter expert with all Corp IT product(s).
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of NICE inContact.
- Leads team or mentors other QA Engineers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years software testing and quality assurance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications - ISTQB (OR) MTA in Software Testing Fundamentals preferred.Experience Required
- 10+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance with working experience with software release cycles in n-tier environments and have a solid understanding of software testing methodologies; including familiarity with software development life cycle and agile methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience writing SQL statements.
- 2+ years of experience with C#.NET.
- Working experience testing web applications and desktop applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply required policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated prior experience in a QA project leadership role.
- Ability to script automated tests as opposed to only using record/playback functionality.
- Data mining using SQL within automated scripts.
- Strong knowledge of QA practices and policies.
- Testing web services, MVC, Windows Services, and third party applications.
- Thorough understanding of the following types of testing:
- Data validation
- Automated testing
ABOUT NICE inContact:
- Experience with Telecommunications.
- Experience with VOIP Technology.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage projects.
- 2+ years of experience automated testing.
NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.