Who Mattersight is:
The rubber hits the road when someone picks up the phone to talk to a company. It happens over 250 million times a day. With over 60 percent of people dumping brands because of bad customer service, that phone call can make or break a business.
Enter Mattersight – the only company that uses personality analysis and big data analytics to improve every customer call, increase customer satisfaction and lower costs for Fortune 500 enterprises. Our patented technology mines a private database of over 1 billion customer service calls to quickly pair customers with call center agents they will naturally, effortlessly click with. Awkward and annoying becomes satisfying and enjoyable. Frustrated becomes enthusiastic.
Mattersight helps companies make positive conversations with their customers the rule, not the exception by fostering emotional connections that turn complainers into fans.
Who you are:
We are looking for a good Solutions Architect. That means someone with technical expertise deep enough to answer integration questions and communication skills broad enough to explain the answer to different audiences. It means having the ability to persuade business executives that your strategy is the right one. You can prepare and deliver compelling business cases, and you can sense when to ditch the script and engage with people rather than slides. You thrive on complexity. You’re crazy about understanding how things work. You exercise great judgment every day to design solutions that deliver measurable returns. You also enjoy the work of identifying and removing risks, building consensus, and transitioning presales knowledge to cross-organizational teams to ensure successful deployments. You don’t view yourself as a pure architect or a pure engineer – you thrive on having a role where you get to be an expert on a wide array of areas for strategic, high-growth accounts and projects.
What you’ll do:
As a Solution Architect at Mattersight, you will be part of a fast paced environment, supporting a rapidly growing product division and responsible for evaluating environments for prospective clients as a part of the sales process. You will be partnering with sales people as the product expert to close new business and help accelerate the sales cycle. We are looking for detail-oriented individuals from diverse backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work and excellence.
• Work directly with clients to understand their needs, provide solution recommendations, and drive delivery of the solution
• Support presales phase by lending your business and technical expertise to deliver high quality solutions, identify risks, and clear roadblocks for the sales organization
• Analyze business and functional requirements for distillation into technical specifications that can be delivered with high quality
• Assess technical and business environment to determine high level scope
• Maintain a current knowledge of modern technologies across multiple telephony and cloud platforms
• Assist the company’s leadership in the development and maintenance of company-wide architectural standards
• Act as a mentor providing guidance to all team members on business, architectural, and technical concerns
What you definitely have:
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
• 3+ years practical experience in either solutions architecture, sales engineering, data, implementation or configurations
• Experience in a professional services / client-facing capacity
• Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to both non-technical business users as well as client technical stakeholders
• Experience working with data
• Ability to clear roadblocks and meet time sensitive deadlines
• A motivator with an optimistic yet realistic “can do” attitude
• Experience with cross-functional project and deal teams
What we’re like
Mattersight values diversity amongst its employees. Employees from all levels of experience and backgrounds are mingled together and are encouraged to learn about projects others are working on. Mattersight’s Chicago office fosters teamwork as well as self motivation.
Where you’ll be:
Mattersight seeks candidates authorized to work without sponsorship in the United States. The Solution Architect will be based out of Mattersight’s Chicago location; candidates should anticipate roughly 20-40% travel.
What you’ll make
Mattersight is prepared to offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package for the ideal candidate.
For more information about Mattersight, visit http://www.mattersight.com/. Mattersight is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action in all employment matters: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partner status, national origin, disability or medical condition, pregnancy, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or on account of membership or affiliation with anyone in any of the foregoing categories, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Although particular legal provisions may differ in various locations in which we do business, our principles are the same worldwide.