Presales Solutions Analyst
Who is NICE Mattersight:
The rubber hits the road when someone picks up the phone to talk to a company. It happens over 250 million times a day. With over 60 percent of people dumping brands because of bad customer service, that phone call can make or break a business.
Enter Mattersight – the only company that uses personality analysis and big data analytics to improve every customer call, increase customer satisfaction and lower costs for Fortune 500 enterprises. Our patented technology mines a private database of over 1 billion customer service calls to quickly pair customers with call center agents they will naturally, effortlessly click with. Awkward and annoying becomes satisfying and enjoyable. Frustrated becomes enthusiastic.
Mattersight helps companies make positive conversations with their customers the rule, not the exception by fostering emotional connections that turn complainers into fans.
Who you are:
Mattersight is seeking a Pre-Sales Solutions Analyst who is excited about working in a data-driven environment with strategic, high-growth accounts and projects to join our Solutions Architecture Team.
We are looking for someone who can influence strategic decisions, persuade business executives that his/her strategy is the right one, prepare and deliver compelling business cases, and sense when to ditch the script and engage with people rather than slides. The ideal candidate will also possess technical aptitude deep enough to learn and answer integration questions as well as communication skills broad enough to explain the answer to different audiences.
What you’ll do:
As a Pre-Sales Solutions Analyst at Mattersight, you will be part of a fast paced environment, supporting a rapidly growing product division and responsible for evaluating environments for prospective clients as a part of the sales process. You will be partnering with sales people as the product expert to close new business and help accelerate the sales cycle. We are looking for detail-oriented individuals from diverse backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work and excellence.
• Work directly with clients to understand their needs and provide solution recommendations Support presales phase by lending your business and technical expertise to deliver high quality solutions, identify risks, and clear roadblocks for the sales organization
• Analyze business and functional requirements for distillation into technical specifications that can be delivered with high quality
• Assess technical and business environment to determine high level scope
• Maintain a current knowledge of modern technologies across multiple telephony and cloud platforms
• Assist the company’s leadership in the development and maintenance of company-wide architectural standards
• Act as a mentor providing guidance to all team members on business, architectural, and technical concerns
What you bring to the table:
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
• 3+ years practical experience in either solutions architecture, sales engineering, data, implementation or configurations
• Experience in a professional services / client-facing capacity
• Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Experience working with data
• Ability to clear roadblocks and meet time sensitive deadlines
• A motivator with an optimistic yet realistic “can do” attitude
• Experience with cross-functional project and deal teams
What differentiates you as the best:
• Experience working with customer contact centers or other customer service functions
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to both non-technical business users as well as client technical stakeholders
• Experience in a role with direct senior client interaction
What you can expect:
Mattersight values diversity amongst its employees. Employees from all levels of experience and backgrounds are mingled together and are encouraged to learn about projects others are working on. Mattersight’s Chicago office fosters teamwork as well as self motivation.
Where you’ll be
Mattersight seeks candidates authorized to work without sponsorship in the United States. The Solution Architect will be based out of Mattersight’s Chicago location; candidates should anticipate roughly 20-40% travel.
What you’ll make:
Mattersight is prepared to offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package for the ideal candidate.