Are you an experienced Network Administrator looking for a cool opportunity to have real impact in a leading technology company?
NICE is the world's leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions that empower organizations to make smarter decisions based on advanced analytics of structured and unstructured data. NICE Mattersight integrates NICE’s analytics and Mattersight’s behavioral analytics technology, allowing Fortune 500 enterprises to enjoy the market’s most powerful analytics in the cloud, driving personalization and smart connections in real time. As part of the NICE family, Mattersight offers its team members the chance to be part of an innovative, friendly, collaborative and rewarding environment that offers abundant opportunity for professional and personal growth in this exciting space.
Who you are:
NICE Mattersight seeks a Network Administrator who wants to work at a cutting-edge customer behavior analytics firm. This position will be responsible for implementation, administration and support of Mattersight’s network devices (switches, routers, firewalls, VPN concentrators, taps, and other network equipment). We are looking for a self-starter who is looking for a challenging role as an infrastructure network team member, delivering the latest technologies in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
Individuals in the Network Administrator position are responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Implementation, administration, monitoring and support for routers, switches, firewalls, and other network appliances
- Collaborate with senior engineers and customers on the design, configuration and deployment of WAN and site-to-site VPN solutions between the hosted data center and peering sites
- Create network diagrams and supporting documentation as needed
- Troubleshoot network LAN/WAN performance and/or connectivity issues
- Participate in a 7/24 on-call rotation
- Manage the network team ticket queue and adhere to change management standards
What you definitely have:
The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience, preferably in a technical environment. Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with the following: Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA, Fortinet Fortigate
- Router and switch configuration experience
- Firewall deployment and administration experience
- VPN experience. Both site-to-site and remote client VPN tunnels
- Understanding of TCP/IP network fundamentals and common protocols such as FTP, SSH, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Demonstrated troubleshooting
- Ability to work independent and in a team environment
- Detail oriented and possess strong customer service and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Motivation to continuously learn and expand professional skill set in rapidly evolving environment.
What we’d also love to see:
- Industry standard certifications: CCNA, CCNP, NSE, etc.
- Experience with: Fortinet Fortigate, F5 LTM, F5 ASM, Arista EOS, Gigamon GigaVUE
- Proficiency with packet capture and analysis
- Scripting language competency using: Python
- Familiarity with emerging network technologies including: VPC, Kubernetes, NFV