Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The NOC Engineer will be responsible for the following items:
- Ensuring maximum possible service availability and performance for all inContact products.
- Provide support for Technical Support, R&D, Product, and other internal teams.
- Provide a central hub of communication regarding the status and ongoing events within the network and platform.
This is achieved by routine preventative and reactive tasks related to network and platform activity, creating, reviewing and updating documentation as needed, and providing clear communication to stakeholders throughout the organization.As a NOC Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Responsible for troubleshooting network and platform issues from a server side perspective.
- Validates and tests all NICE inContact products and platforms.
- Performs routine health checks over and above automated monitoring to ensure the quickest detection time for service affecting issues.
- Responds to any number of alarms, alerts, or abnormal behaviors detected through reactive or proactive monitoring.
- Ensures all activities are documented and tracked through a ticketing system.
- Ensures processes and procedures are documented and updated in communal Wiki/KnowledgeBase resources.
- Works with both internal and external teams to assist in escalated troubleshooting for issues relating to NICE inContact's products and platforms.
- Interfaces with internal product teams to ensure the NOC remains current on new and planned product additions or updates.
- Familiar with industry standard tools such as IP Monitor, SolarWinds, and BMC in addition to a set of internal custom tools used in network management.
- Executes on established procedures as it relates to incident, change and event management.
- Responsible for executing the established escalation processes with both internal and external teams.
- Responsible for proactive troubleshooting and communication with internal stakeholders at regular intervals.
- Maintains appropriate expectations with internal and external teams.
- Maintains an advanced understanding of the inContact Data, Telephony, and Application networks.
- Responsible for leading incident resolution situations including involving relevant internal resources and guiding all troubleshooting to resolution and keeping a journal of activities performed for any necessary post-incident review.
- Manages events and incidents from cradle to grave, providing initial troubleshooting and resolution while working with other teams or vendors as necessary to provide restoration.
- Provides training and coaching for technical resources both internal to the NOC as well as other teams as necessary.
- Maintains a team focused attitude and work towards creating a healthy, respectful atmosphere.
- Performs duties in a flexible fashion as the Network Operations Center is open 24x7x365.25.
- Participates in the NOC continuous improvement activities as defined
- Communicates in a concise, professional, and effective manner with both internal and external teams.
- Associates Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Information Services, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience working in a technical or support role within telecommunications, data network, or application server environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of network topologies, Windows server-client environments, and telecommunication environments with a focus on SIP.
- Understanding of packet analysis and packet capture utilities.
- Confident and goal oriented attitude with an ability to set and meet short and long-term objectives.
- Experience in creating, utilizing, and maintaining technical documentation.
- Experience working in a windows server environment as it relates to server and software management tasks.
- Ability to harvest and disseminate information in both formal and informal training environments.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with dynamic priority evolution.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and plans with well-reasoned decisions and minimal supervision.
- Ability to execute responsibilities with a high sense of urgency and a willingness to drive issues forward within established processes.
- Ability to begin troubleshooting any issue, problem, or oddity regardless of topic or content with a focus of assessment and engagement of proper external resources.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with SaaS/Cloud based software environments.
- Experience with VoIP implementation and support, specifically configuration of SIP End points and troubleshooting SIP telephony challenges.
- Experience working with firewalls in general.
- Experience working with BMC.
- Experience working with applications driven by .NET, SQL, and other common Microsoft technologies.
- Experience with troubleshooting and identifying issues within data networks as it relates to SIP and software applications.
- Expertise with VoIP Gateways, SS7 Controllers and soft switches.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, telecom circuits ranging from DS-0 through OC-12.
- Experience with War Room situation participation and situation management analysis
- ITIL Foundation certification and experience within an ITIL Organization.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.