Insights and Analytics Analyst
Chicago and Austin
Who Mattersight is:
The rubber hits the road when someone picks up the phone to talk to a company. It happens over 250 million times a day. With over 60 percent of people dumping brands because of bad customer service, that phone call can make or break a business.
Enter Mattersight – the only company that uses personality analysis and big data analytics to improve every customer call, increase customer satisfaction and lower costs for Fortune 500 enterprises. Our patented technology mines a private database of over 1 billion customer service calls to quickly pair customers with call center agents they will naturally, effortlessly click with. Awkward and annoying becomes satisfying and enjoyable. Frustrated becomes enthusiastic. Mattersight helps companies make positive conversations with their customers the rule, not the exception by fostering emotional connections that turn complainers into fans.
Who you are:
Mattersight records and transcribes hundreds of millions of phone calls every year, which means that we have a LOT of interesting data. So much interesting data, in fact, that we’re looking to expand our team of smart and talented people, by bringing someone with 1-3 years of relevant experience on board to help us bring cool stories and valuable insights to light. Are you up to the challenge? As a Customer Success Insights & Analytics resource you will be responsible for the following:
What you’ll do:
• Uncover insights in unstructured and structured sources of data
• Use accepted statistical methodologies to validate findings
• Work directly with clients to explain patterns in data and answer questions
• Monitor and report on product performance and benefits for our clients
What you definitely have:
What you bring to the table:
• Minimum of BA/BS in quantitative field
• Strong SQL skills
• Can work independently to solve challenging problems with tight deadlines
• Rapidly adapts to meet changing needs from client and internal stakeholders
• Strong understanding of statistical methodologies
• Ability to translate analytic results to business action
• Experience explaining technical analyses to audiences of varying levels of technical expertise
Nice To Have:
• Experience with experimental design or A/B testing
• Intermediate experience with Tableau
• Intermediate experience with R
Find out why we were named one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest companies to work for! To learn more about our values, culture, benefits and perks, visit mattersight.com/careers.
What you will experience:
Mattersight values diversity, curiosity and collaboration. Employees from all experience levels and backgrounds are intermingled and encouraged to learn about each other’s projects. Our offices foster teamwork as well as self-motivation, with a healthy dose of fun thrown in.
Mattersight seeks candidates authorized to work in the United States. The Insights & Analytics role will be based out of Mattersight’s Chicago, IL location. Candidates should anticipate ~10% travel.
What you will make:
Mattersight believes that a successful, thriving company starts with happy, satisfied employees. We are prepared to offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package for the ideal candidate.
Mattersight is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action in all employment matters: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partner status, national origin, disability or medical condition, pregnancy, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or on account of membership or affiliation with anyone in any of the foregoing categories, or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.