The Application Support Consultant’s role is to deliver technical support to end users about how to use and administer the NICE Service and Sales Performance Management, Contact Analytics and/or WFM software solutions efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. The Application Support Consultant/T2 is also responsible for the health and well-being of our customers’ hosted solutions.
- Field incoming problems from end users to resolve application issues in accordance with end user contractual SLA’s.
- Investigate and resolve customers’ issues through the use of product knowledge, excellent troubleshooting skills and involvement from Services and Engineering/R&D expert resources.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Prioritise, schedule, and administer all Updates, Upgrades and Major software releases in accordance with the Company Release Policy and contractual terms governing release policy with the customer.
- Perform hands-on fixes on applications, including installing and upgrading software, database exports, and configuring the systems and applications.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved using standard testing methodologies.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the Company.
- Administer support/system maintenance activities in accordance with instructions provided by the Customer Support Team Leader and Management.
- Assist and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- May need to participate in the weekend/On Call support coverage
- BSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree preferred.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written, mathematical, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to present ideas in a business and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of Company and Customer hierarchies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
Technical Requirements (As many from the below)
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Shell scripting, SQL, PL/SQL scripting for the analysis and resolution of customer issues.
- Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting industry standard database platforms within the IT industry i.e. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2.
- Experience of supporting Web based applications.
- Working knowledge of administrating UNIX, Linux or Windows servers.
- Working knowledge of Relational Database principles and methodologies.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications.
- Extensive product knowledge/or ability to develop trough training and knowledge transfer (Training will be provided).
- Good understanding of the NICE goals and objectives.
- Good understanding or NICE solutions
- Working knowledge of software development principles would be advantageous