Here at NICE, we provide state of the art cloud solutions for the Public Safety market for the acquisition, management and analysis of digital evidence to global market. These solutions can be tailored to fit with customer’s existing MIS systems. We develop state of the art solutions for the Public Safety market, bringing together voice, video and screen recording, playback and analysis for Security customers worldwide.
We are currently expanding our team to allow us to develop an exciting new product to enable Police forces worldwide to keep up with the increasing demands of managing growing amounts of digital evidence.
Due to increasing demand for more larger and more complex solutions the global Product Team is expanding its ability to support our regional sales teams in dealing with larger projects.
Based in our Hedge End Southampton R&D Centre,we are looking to hire a talented Dev Operations Engineer, Public Safety.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become a key player in rapidly growing business area.This is a rare opportunity to work with an innovative product launching in an area new to cloud services.
Primary focus is deploying, maintaining and supporting state of the art cloud deployed solutions for digital evidence management for Public Safety (Primarily Law Enforcement) customers worldwide. Assisting product teams to successfully introduce new products/versions. Champion support and preventative action on behalf of our customers.Scope & Responsibilities:
- Provide 2nd/3rd line engineering support to the product.
- Provisioning, deploying, monitoring, patching and upgrading primarily enterprise cloud software. Working closely with the development team to ensure successful deployment of software packages.
- Defining and implementing regular maintenance and health monitoring procedures.
- Work effectively with staff in all areas of the business, escalating when appropriate to management and/or R&D. Take into account technical and commercial relationships with end users, partners and service providers.
- Deploy and provision systems to enable replication of customer issues to diagnose and repair without jeopardising customer data or operations.
- Participate in a 24-7 Out of Hours call out rota.
The successful candidate is likely to have higher education qualification in science or technology subjects. The ideal candidate is a rapid learner, self-motivated and a good communicator and problem solver. A high quality of work is also particularly important. Relevant technical customer support experience preferred, particularly within a Public Safety environment. Understanding what represents good ‘customer service’ and how to deliver it is essential.Essential skills
Useful skills to have:
- Knowledge of cloud deployed systems, e.g. Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Windows server and client technology
- Experience in a Second Level role supporting web based COTS software
- Experience administering databases (Microsoft SQL) and basic querying
- Efficient, effective and respectful communication skills both with customers and within internal departments. Including;
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good listener, able to identify and validate assumptions
- Able to use effective questioning to confirm understanding of a customer problem and then provide help to solve it
- Methodical troubleshooting, technical skill and attention to detail used in diagnosing problems and reproducing issues in a local environment
- Multi-tasking and time-management to prioritise and switch between varied tasks
- Focused and calm under pressure. Careful record keeping
- Able to use initiative and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of Azure Portal
- Experience of Azure technologies (e.g. Storage, Web-Apps, Service Bus), Network Security Groups.
- Knowledge of Elastic Search and Kibana
- Experience of, Azure Application Insights, Power BI
- Experience of Powershell /Azure Resource Manager
- Experience of ITIL/ITSM systems
- Be willing to travel occasionally to customer or partner sites worldwide, sometimes at short notice
- Be flexible with working hours when needed to address critical or urgent matters.
- Participate in an on-call roster with other engineers.
- Will require to currently hold, or be eligible for, security clearance (NPPV3 and SC)
: via the NICE Career site or for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
NICE is an Equal Opportunities Employer