The Desktop support engineer will be located in Pune, India and will be part of a team that responsible for end client management, such as management, development, implementation and support solutions for our workstations.
The Desktop Engineer will support day to day IT operations for the global company.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of the standard desktop environment and lifecycle Assess, document and implement desktop platform changes.
- Workstations Management using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), such as building and maintain OS deployment images, package/SW/SW Update deployment, building reports, compliance enforcement
- Application packaging, customization using tools such as NSIS, Admin Studio, PS AppDeploy Toolkit, etc.
- Document processes for internal policies and procedures for changes and standard operating procedures.
- Provide 3rd level investigation and resolution/expert advice and guidance for desktop field incidents, problems and support, including Operating Systems, applications, hardware, best practices, etc. Take ownership of issues and the delivery of a resolution.
- Implement necessary Group Policy Objects and Active Directory changes to support the desktop platform.
- Research new methods for enhancing performance, reliability, optimization and overall user experience.
- Patch management for Operating Systems and 3rd party applications.
Qualifications/Skills (M) – Mandatory Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience (M)
- 5+ years of experience administering an enterprise level Windows Active Directory domain as well as an enterprise Microsoft Systems environment (M)
- 5+ years of experience in Desktop Expert Engineer role, specifically with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). (M)
- Experience with creating SCCM reports (M)
- Strong working knowledge with creating and distributing installation packages for clients (M)
- Windows 10 deep level troubleshooting experience (Mac OS – Advantage) (M)
- knowledge & experience with enterprise networks, wired & wireless networking
- Experience in providing remote support to employees for their Desktop/Laptop issues
- Experience with ticketing tool (CRM)
- Experience with Office 365 client support
- Experience with writing and documenting processes, procedures and policy
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow to meet established timeframes.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- English – High level and Technical – fluent speaker