Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia
We are looking for a critical thinking development and operations balanced DBA. The DevOps Database administrator will work in tight unison with the other DevOps groups to maintain a high level of excellence in our data-driven platform.
The candidate will have an understating of working in a cloud-based environment as well as with database platforms that are more premise based, e.g. SQL Server installations. Preference given to those with proven experience in AWS/Azure using virtualized hosts or hosted database solutions like PostgreSQL, dynamoDB, or MySQL.
Additional the candidate will work regular business hours locally and occasionally work off hours to meet the demands of international teams.
As a Database Administrator, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Code Reviews for database changes done by the R&D group
- Review and approve database logical and physical designs.
- Project work as assigned by Manager
- Perform database and application tuning.
- Database deployments – as requested by Manager
- Develop and maintain database standards, naming conventions and deployment methodologies.
- Mentor and train other staff as necessary
- Ensuring that the database staging environments are in top working order
- Troubleshooting any performance problems in production
- Working towards bettering the environment through personal projects and automation efforts
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 4+ years maintaining SQL Server mission critical databases
- 4+ years TSQL programming
- 1+ years implementing and maintaining database replication Ability to work with technical and non-technical people Problem solving skills are a must Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Writing TSQL stored procedures, functions, and any other SQL server code based objects.
- SQL Server Replication technologies (Merge and Transactional)
- ETL and data warehouse knowledge (SQL Server Integration Services). Must be comfortable in following logic flows and be able to dive deep in understanding existing processes.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using third party, native, and custom tools.
- C# and/or Python development.
- Familiarity with CI/CD process and working as a DevOps Team
- AWS knowledge in RDS, DynamoDB, AuroraDB, S3, and Kinesis streams – preference to a candidate with AWS Certifications.
- Source control both TFS and GIT. Managing Database objects in Repositories for SQL Server and other Database systems such as MySQL.
- Must be able to problem-solve independently and with little guidance.
- Must be a fast learner – ability to pick up new tasks and technologies quickly is a must.
- Will be able to meet late or early to accommodate meetings with the team in Salt Lake City.
- HP Blade and EVA SAN optimization Veritas Net Backup MCSE/MCDBA/OCP NET technologies PowerShell C#
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.