Organizations should always keep in mind two simple truths: positive customer experience leads to customer loyalty, and customer loyalty leads to favorable ROI.
These simple facts may cause organizations to scramble, trying to find ways to gain insight into customer dynamics through various interactions. But before diving in, they should ask themselves the following questions:
- How should you go about revamping customer experience efforts with ROI in mind?
- What are you looking to achieve?
- Where does one start?
- What's the game plan?
Strategy, Metrics, Organization, and Technology
1. Let’s start with the basics. A strategy should be put in place that revolves around current business objectives, including the prioritization of goals. This lays a great foundation, so long as there is wiggle room to expand and adapt to future advancements. While thinking this out, keep in mind that there is a need to measure what's working and what isn't with each aspect of the strategy.
2. What can’t be measured cannot be improved. As with all initiatives, the means of measuring success from a business perspective would have to be established. Determine how you will measure success during the early stages of all your Customer Experience initiatives. Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bound (SMART) metrics will help provide regular feedback for both positive reinforcement and course correction.
3.You can’t do it on your own. All this clearly isn't a one-person effort. These organizational efforts call for internal readiness, cross-functional collaboration, and a great leader who will stay on top of strategies and processes. As with all group efforts between multiple functions, there should be a positive culture within the company, and everyone has to be rallied around one common cause.
4. It’s not only about technology, but it greatly matters. It's important to consider your strategy, metrics, and tools when choosing the right technologies for your company to use. The product has to make the journey smoother for everyone and should serve as a key enabler as efforts progress over time.
5. Read our next blog post about customer loyalty. Once everything is established, it's time to put this plan into action and improve customer loyalty.