- About NICE
- Company Overview
- Global Management
- Corporate Responsibility
- Worldwide Offices
- Investor Relations
- News & Events
Critical Infrastructure Protection
Ensuring the Security and Reliability of Critical Infrastructures
The best way to mitigate the potential for damage and loss to your critical infrastructure is to detect and respond to unfolding events as early as possible — ideally, before they even happen. Proactive and comprehensive, NICE security solutions can help. They protect critical infrastructure and key assets with automatic and semi-automatic tools, and complete situation management via NICE Situator to assist in the detection, verification and resolution of security events in real time.
Comprehensive Security Solutions for Mission-Critical Applications
Critical utility infrastructure such as power and water plants and oil and gas facilities are potential prime targets due to the impact an incident would have on the surrounding population. The systems that monitor and secure these sensitive environments must not only provide reactive capabilities, they must function proactively to be highly effective. In addition, increased threats along with regulations such as the North American Electrical Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC-CIP), and reduced budgets all contribute to the complexity in achieving this.
With assets and sites across multiple locations, some unmanned; thousands of monitored sensors; and multiple security and safety systems from multiple vendors; utility organizations not only have a complex environment to protect, they have an overload of information coming in from all of the disparate sensors and systems with no real capability to integrate and correlate information. NICE's multi-layered security and surveillance solutions integrate all of your sensors and systems across all locations and sites to create a single, unified security platform that monitors your infrastructure, identifies potential unfolding events, and verifies them with automatic or semi-automatic tools for real-time response.
At the core of the solution, NICE Situator provides a Common Operating Picture (ConOps) enabling complete situational awareness and pre-planned situation management capabilities. The automation of tasks not only minimizes the potential for human error, it also greatly enhances your ability to prepare for, detect, respond to, and debrief quickly and effectively all routine and emergency security situations. In addition, the solutions allow organizations to achieve and maintain regulatory compliance such as NERC. They allow you to do much more with fewer resources.
All over the world, governments as well as private and public institutions rely on NICE to protect their national symbols and critical infrastructure. These deployments demonstrate the trust that security and technical professionals place in NICE security solutions.
When it comes to protecting critical infrastructure, breaches of security can have potentially devastating direct and indirect effects. With NICE security solutions, you can prevent and mitigate potentially costly events that could harm people and disrupt basic critical services.
With the holistic and unifying capabilities of NICE security solutions, you can do much more with much less. That includes achieving and sustaining regulatory compliance (e.g. NERC-CIP for North American electric energy utilities), and even the consolidation of your security operation centers (SOC).
NICE helps the security personnel protecting your critical infrastructure and key assets to:
- Secure your perimeter by detecting any unauthorized intrusion and suspicious loitering near perimeter fences
- Assure round-the-clock security with the NICE Zero-Points-of-Failure mechanism
- Proactively, automatically identify events as they unfold with NiceVision Video Analytics
- Move from detectors to decision-makers, and responders to event resolvers with NICE Situator
- Achieve low TCO by consolidating control rooms and reusing existing infrastructure
- Ensure consistent response according to organizational procedures and regulatory compliance
- Accelerates response time
- Maintains chain of command
- Enables proactive response
- Reduces costly false alarms
- Automates workflows and remediation
- Facilitates a lean organizational structure
- Consolidates operation centers
- Eliminates ‘Rip & Replace' costs — future proof
- Reduces operator training period
- Achieves and maintains regulatory compliance such as NERC CIP (especially CIP-006)
- Ensures a consistent and appropriate response
- Provides extensive and automated reporting
- Enables highly effective communication with external agencies and authorities
NICE consolidates, filters and verifies captured information with advanced security technologies to deliver the right information to the right people at just the right time. NICE’s field-proven video analytics enhances your security operations by automatically detecting encroachment and other divergent behavior or incidents, while instant verification capabilities enable you to respond appropriately in real time.
NICE not only provides a 360° view of unfolding events, it also activates pre-planned response workflows that work to minimize human error and ensure the most effective response —no matter who is in the control room.
NICE Security Solutions for Critical Infrastructure capabilities:
- Ensure non-stop surveillance for mission critical applications
- Provide situation planning, response and analysis for effective event management that eliminates human error
- Accelerate investigations with ultra-efficient access to recorded incident video, audio and data
- Seamlessly integrate with third-party devices, sensors and access control systems
- Cope with challenging outdoor conditions and changes in the environment
- Protect from sabotage and theft
NICE Situator for Utilities and NERC-CIP Physical Security ComplianceDownload
Have you “NERCed” your utility?Read More