Technical Support Engineer II
Location: Columbus, OH
The Technical Support Engineer II will provide technical assistance on applications to resolve end-user issues with the inContact™ suite of products. Duties of this position will include troubleshooting and diagnosing escalated customer issues, acting in a consultative fashion to arrive at a mutually beneficial solution for our customers, and coordinating with internal departments to provide a collaborative solution that will leave the inContact™ customer with a positive experience and a product that meets their needs. The highly-skilled Technical Support team will provide exceptional client assistance in the resolution of complex problems, utilizing various communication methods – email, chat and voice.
As a Technical Support Engineer II, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Work tickets via web-based ticketing system, email, voice or chat
- When working tickets:
- Escalates incidents when necessary
- Troubleshooting Networking, VoIP and Digital Tap Telephony Systems, Windows Server OS, and server hardware issues for premise based installations
- Apply software patches as needed
- Provided customers with technical assistance related to the inContact products.
- Pulls and analyzes logs for troubleshooting for contacts, applications, etc.
- Reads and analyzes network diagrams
- Regularly works flexible schedule and on-call services
- Effectively and professionally communicates with internal and external customers
- Utilize KCS methodology in your work flow
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Associates Degree or currently working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or similar field, or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years work experience in a customer service field, preferably in a technical capacity
- Excellent technical, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal and ability to handle all interactions with internal and external clients with professionalism
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, think on your feet, communicate positively and work proactively
- Understanding of network topology and telecommunications architecture (PBX, Carriers, VoIP) remove Carriers
- 2+ years in a technical support role in software or telecommunications environment.
- IP Telephony/ Telecommunications experience
- Experience in a telephony/telecommunications
- Dialer knowledge and Workforce Management experience
- Web Services and API knowledge and understanding of conceptual use
- Competent in database and SQL concepts
ABOUT inContact: inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to create stand-out customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. inContact continuously innovates and is the only provider to offer a complete customer interaction platform in the cloud that is flexible, scalable and reliable for enterprise, small business, government and business process outsourcers. inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.