Position: Solutions Engineer--Capital Markets/Communication Compliance
Location: Hoboken/Metro NY Area
The Solution Engineer works in cohesive partnership with the Functional Consultant and is the primary technical resource for the field sales force for NICE products. Solution Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with other members of the sales team as the key technical advisor.
- Effectively articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical audiences and lead strategic technical initiatives throughout the sales process and demonstrate NICE’s technical advantages.
- Professionally and independently conduct discovery conversations and needs analysis for technical topics.
- Pursue the technical sales process with a coordinated focus on solutions development through discovery and requirements gathering, personalized demo, validation and documented design across assigned product groups.
- Manage and interpret customer requirements and use astute questioning skills to understand, anticipate and match NICE customer technical capabilities to the products.
- Create and deliver compelling, customer centric technical presentations and demonstrations by connecting technical features to customer business capabilities and drivers.
- Identify all technical challenges of the customer to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding technical specification efficiently and effectively.
- Seamless collaboration with the sales account managers and functional consultants fostering an integrated team approach to customer engagement.
- Provide product feedback and work closely with product management to distill marketplace requirements into product enhancements.
- Act as an integral team member working to achieve regional and team sales goals. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- BA or BS from an accredited university in a technical field such as engineering, computer science or information technology. Master’s degree in IT also beneficial.
- At least 3 -5 years of experience in a hands-on technical role (developer, architect, client services) that was engaged in the planning, executing and managing of complex software sales.
- Exceptional communication and presentations skills. Highly articulate and able to confidently explain complex models in a clear simplified manner.
- Collaborative team oriented approach to selling with the ability to develop relationships with the ‘C’ or VP level business users to sell based on business value and influencing on technical issues.
- Inherent self-sufficiency, flexibility and confidence with a preference for autonomy to take ownership and manage activities & processes to achieve revenue results.
- Strong domain expertise combined with advanced strategic and project management skills.
- Proven successful ability to sell Enterprise software/business solutions/business intelligence
- Telephony solutions, VOIP or IP Networking background
- Strategic thinker with a strong technical aptitude and innate passion for seeking technical depth and complete understanding.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple, complex sales opportunities simultaneously.
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.