The Technical Engagement Manager (TEM) has ownership of and is the primary customer point of contact for technical services projects. These include Nexidia’s customer interaction analytics installations, upgrades and change orders. The TEM provides leadership to ensure that both customer and Nexidia resources and expectations are well aligned. The TEM facilitates excellent communications both within Nexidia’s relevant functional organizations (Technical Services, Sales, Pre-Sales, Technical Support, Consulting Services) and between Nexidia and the customer to ensure that schedules are met and issues are resolved in a positive and timely manner. The TEM forms trusted customer relationships, is a great communicator and owns the quality of the delivery outcome. In addition, the TEM maintains a holistic view of all technical touch points with the customer, for example, Customer Support and DevOps
- Create and maintain project schedules, action logs, issue logs, and other project documents
- Ensure multiple projects are aligned with strategic and tactical objectives
- Provide regular project updates to project sponsors and stakeholders
- Coordinate project meetings and maintain project meeting minutes
- Manage internal resource availability and allocation (on shore and off-shore)
- Manage project scope with an effective change process
- Identify and manage project risks
- Prepare cost estimates for Deployment Services efforts to be incorporated within Statements of Work
- Prepare Statements of Work as needed
- Maintain and refine project management processes; work with leadership to drive overall process improvement
- Maintain and refine project management templates
- Communicate proactively and collaborate with external and internal customers to understand, participate, recommend, and implement data processes and system improvements.
- Providing technical direction and assistance to system application architects and developers in order to establish solutions that solve business problems, and are consistent with Nexidia’s current and long-term architecture, technology stack and compliance requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Successfully manage multiple concurrent projects of significant scope
- Effectively direct the work of a multi-disciplinary technical team
- Drive discussions into decision and action
- Work successfully with little direct supervision
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Care about the success of teammates and customers
- Meticulous about documentation and record-keeping
- Ability to manage and prioritize work with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and challenges.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; equivalent work experience considered
- 5+ years of technical engagement management experience managing enterprise-scale software product implementations
- Project management certification in project management life cycle/methodology is a (Prince 2, etc.) a plus but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical Demands: Some overnight travel by car or plane may be required. Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.
Work environment: Professional office environment that is entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, team-oriented, inspiring, diverse and challenging with dedication to creating and developing cutting-edge business solutions for our customers. Working conditions are normal for an office environment; work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.