Position: Customer Services Engineer—ECTP (Emergency Communications Transformation Program)
Location: Brooklyn, NY
The Customer Services Engineer (CSE) is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and support of the NICE solutions. This may include installation of hardware/software to support new features and/or support system expansion.
This position is based at the 911 Call Center in downtown Brooklyn
- Maintenance and update of NICE software solutions at customer’s site. Tech Lead must be able to adhere to highly structured problem resolution and customer engagement process.
- Ensure that all components of the technical architecture are functioning properly and efficiently at the ECTP sites.
- Troubleshoot technical issues that arise when working with the NICE solutions and/or client systems. Troubleshooting should be performed in an efficient manner as minimizing downtime is extremely important.
- Conduct system testing to ensure performance and reliability.
- Assist client administrators with questions and problems associated with the configuration, administration, and management of users in the NICE solution.
- Perform NICE system maintenance across all sites as required.
- Participate in training classes, or special projects as needed.
- Effectively manage time and maintain regular communication and updates to both customer and management.
- Document activities and time on a daily basis with timely submission of reports and expenses per company guidelines.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree required
- CCNA and MCSE certifications preferred
- NICE NRX, NICE Inform, NICE Recordings certification preferred
- Telephony, HP Server Hardware, NetApp, and VMWare knowledge are a plus
Technical Skills and Requirements
- Experience working in a 100+ server environment
- Must have a minimum of nine years of proven experience with the following technical areas:
- Microsoft Server 2012 Installation and Configuration – IIS, SNMP
- Microsoft Security – Active Directory, Security Policies, Hardening, Encryption
- Server class Hardware
- VMware knowledge – P2V, vMotion, etc.
- SANS and NAS using fiber or iSCSI
- Microsoft SQL Server Installation and Configuration
- MySQL Server Installation and Configuration
- Maintenance – Backups and Recovery, SQL Agent, Analysis Services
- SQL Security
- Disaster Recovery – SQL Replication and Mirroring
- Scripting – Basic Query and Update knowledge
- Knowledge of MySQL is a plus.
- Network Principles – 7 Layer OSI Model, TCP, UDP
- Network Devices – NICs, Switches, Routers, MPLS
- Troubleshooting – Sniffers and various other Network Testing and Analysis tools
- Telephony Experience - PBX, Switch and ACD Vendors - Avaya, Nortel, Aspect, Siemens and Cisco
- CTI Experience - Avaya AES, Nortel Symposium, Aspect Predictive Dialers, Siemens Call-Bridge, Cisco Tapi and ICM, Genesys
- VoIP Experience – Avaya, Cisco, Nortel
- Experience identifying solutions when not all technical information and data are available
- Experience working in a high touch/demanding customer service environment
- Strong customer facing skills
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends, if necessary
- Ability to travel within NYC
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.