About NICE Systems
NICE marries real-time interaction management, advanced analytics and employee engagement tools to deliver faster, smarter and safer customer engagements, and to get major brands closer to their customers. NICE’s solutions help major brands to understand, predict and adapt to customers’ needs in real time so that they can create tailored experiences that go beyond what customers expect.
Through capturing and analysing all interactions across the customer journey, NICE applies Big Data technology to identify valuable patterns, trends and Voice of the Customer insights. Then, by harnessing real-time capabilities to optimize processes and engage with customers in the moment, NICE enables major brands to quickly resolve issues, take advantage of sales opportunities, retain customers at risk and reduce operational costs.
NICE Systems is a global organisation, quoted on the NASDAQ (NICE), and has approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue. With almost 3,800 employees worldwide and approximately 500 in the UK & Ireland, NICE is well positioned to continue its growth in the marketplace for sophisticated software applications and services. Significant customers in the UK & Ireland include major brands in Telecommunications, Financial Services, Insurance, Utilities and Public Sector with thousands of users.
Our Enterprise product suite encompasses the following solutions:
You can read more at http://www.nice.com/enterprise .
The Role: Alliances Director EMEA
The EMEA region constitutes around 30% of NICE’s overall Enterprise business. The EMEA region comprises five sub-regions: UK & Ireland, Western & Southern Europe, Germany, Austria and Switzerland and Middle East, Africa and the CIS states.
The region generates around $120m revenue through sales of the Enterprise portfolio of software, consulting and professional services. Around 50% of the business is generated through business partners
The regional growth requires acceleration on the following areas:
- Evolution from a technology to an advanced applications business that encompasses Analytics and Robotics amongst other products
- Expansion of its partner base of Resellers and System Integrators (Alliances)Based in our London office and reporting to the VP EMEA Alliances and Western Region, we are seeking a strong, senior business leader to help to deliver on the ambitious growth targets.
The Alliances Director EMEA (AD) contributes and develops a well established reputation and network up to C level within -, System integrators and/or consulting firms.
He/She drives EMEA growth by leading the establishment and development of Alliances within the region and by ensuring that Systems integrators and/or consulting firms proactively sell or promote NICE advanced applications and operate as an extension of NICE Sales, Products and Services groups.The alliance director needs to develop and maintain tools and processes to engage with system integrators and/or consulting firms in a ‘Sales Through’ and Sales ‘With models’, implementing best practices in this field.
- Defines the Alliances strategy for the EMEA region
- Recruit System Integrators and/ or consulting firms and sign them as partners.
- Develop business plans with System Integrators and/ or consulting firms that will meet the company objectives
- Make sure that System Integrators and/ or consulting firms are trained and certified on the relevant product sets
- Leverage an already existing network of individuals and operating practices to engage with System Integrators and/ or consulting firms to establish and develop their relationships with NICE
- Bridge System Integrators and/ or consulting firms to NICE Sales, Product and Service teams and ensure their interlock and enablement
- Foster fluid and healthy relationships between all parties
- Drive yearly and quarterly strategic planning and reviews with System Integrators and/ or consulting firms
- Drive pipeline development and Sales targets achievement with System Integrators and/ or consulting firms
- Coordinate in collaboration with Nice Sales, Product, Service groups the efforts relating to the offer build within quotation/bid processes
- Identify and contribute troubleshooting Sales and After Sales issues that hinder the relationship with Resellers and System Integrators
- Ensure Sales, Product and Services groups are fully engaged with and supporting the Alliances strategy implementation
- Participate in reviews of pipeline and bookings with/via System Integrators and/ or consulting firms Coordinates cross regional Sales, Products and Services efforts relating to the interaction with System Integrators and Resellers
- Work with Sales and Product groups to continually improve sales practices, enablement and support of alliances
- Participate to regular forecast review and governance meetings relating to Resellers and System Integrators. Report on activity and forecast to senior management. Monitor and analyse performance, forecast and pipeline using SF.com.
- Analyse, extrapolate, draw conclusions and make recommendations to improve working practices and process
- Contribute to the overall general management and leadership of NICE’s Enterprise business.
- Provide a rallying point and sounding board for EMEA leadership team
Background & Experience
Versed business developer and master of relationships. Effective contributor of actionable network up to C Level.
Effective communicator at all levels and able to partner within and outside the organisation to set and deliver targets.
Extensive experience within a complex matrixed business within major System Integrators and/ or consulting firms which focuses on Process and Resources management optimisation via Analytics/Big Data and Robotics for process automation.
A successful and demonstrable history of delivering against multimillion Sales targets of advanced software solutions.
Relationships with decision makers levels of Financial Institutes in UK&I
Relationships with key stakeholders of System Integrators and/ or consulting firms
In depth knowledge of Sales of Software with and via Partners in the B2B space
Experience of sophisticated applications based value selling, creating, managing and executing complex, high value sales opportunities of either perpetual license value or in annual SaaS value.
Experience of working in a highly collaborative way with virtual teams including product lines of business, pre-sales and domain expert teams, remote based sales teams, internal partners (Finance, Legal, HR, Marketing) and external consultancies.
Must have the professional maturity to establish an open, trust-based relationship with the leadership team and other senior managers in Europe and the wider NICE business environment.
Able to progress in the organization to broader roles and direct large team responsibility